Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
studmuffin

Teen broke victim's nose in unprovoked attack

21 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Which church is he a member of? 

hard knocks ?       ..................   perhaps that was a school?

I would just say, like the freemasons (who have lots of representation on here who are quick to claim they have no influence), the churches have a lot of sway here on the island.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Kitten Mittens said:

There's some fair comments on this thread and some other comments where although it's not directly stated,  its implied that there's a correlation between nationality and the crime. 

Unfortunately we have our own manx born and bred scum; nationality isn't the problem here. The crime is.

Please don't make this something it's not! In my younger days I worked on the Isle of Man with so many people from all across Europe; almost all of them are amongst the nicest people you could ever meet! 

Yes we do have our own (formerly a manageable little minority), now we have our own and everybody else's. In this case it is the problem as he came here and attacked a 16 year old he didn't know for no reason other than temper tantrums and I don't think he's been here that long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lagman said:

Yes we do have our own (formerly a manageable little minority), now we have our own and everybody else's. In this case it is the problem as he came here and attacked a 16 year old he didn't know for no reason other than temper tantrums and I don't think he's been here that long.

I've read a couple of stories in the past week about police officers being assaulted from who I assume (as it doesn't state otherwise) are Manx people. Is that managed crime; and if so, what makes this unmanaged? His nationality?

We live in a time where it's easy to up sticks and move to wherever you might want. Cultural diversity can be an amazing thing!

I stand by my last comment. This crime is horrible because of the crime itself, not because a European committed it.

Probably, but often doesn't state if they moved here, they just get called "local Douglas man" etc. - the article in this case refers to him as " A teenager from Douglas" but he's Polish and hasn't lived here long - i.e. the usual obfuscation.

" We live in a time where it's easy to up sticks and move to wherever you might want " - Which we didn't vote for or consent to.

"Cultural diversity can be an amazing thing!" - and can be a horrific thing - see grooming gangs and rapes in the UK , terrorism across Europe etc.

" I stand by my last comment. This crime is horrible because of the crime itself, not because a European committed it."

- Yes the crime is horrible, but it shouldn't be so easy for random people to come here and put people at more risk in the first place and he should now be kicked out because of it.

7 hours ago, Lagman said:

Probably, but often doesn't state if they moved here, they just get called "local Douglas man" etc. - the article in this case refers to him as " A teenager from Douglas" but he's Polish and hasn't lived here long - i.e. the usual obfuscation.

" We live in a time where it's easy to up sticks and move to wherever you might want " - Which we didn't vote for or consent to.

"Cultural diversity can be an amazing thing!" - and can be a horrific thing - see grooming gangs and rapes in the UK , terrorism across Europe etc.

" I stand by my last comment. This crime is horrible because of the crime itself, not because a European committed it."

- Yes the crime is horrible, but it shouldn't be so easy for random people to come here and put people at more risk in the first place and he should now be kicked out because of it.

Guessing you're a member of EDF then...

53 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

he's french?????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

he's french?????????????????????????????????????

even worse then....?

Edited by WTF

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Nope, I'm not English or a fan of Yaxley - Lennon or indeed subscribed to a French gas supplier.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

even worse then....?

They have their moments -

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gettafa said:

Manx Radio: Peel teen admits part in random attack

Just another of those unprovoked attacks? Can't even blame it on the drink.

The irony is that he doesn’t appear to be a particularly wise man. 

Edited by MrPB
Grammar
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gettafa said:

Manx Radio: Peel teen admits part in random attack

Just another of those unprovoked attacks? Can't even blame it on the drink.

More less than accurate reporting, he wasn't even from Peel.

• Like 2

Another wholly inappropriate sentence...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Another wholly inappropriate sentence...

That's nothing. There are worse assaults than either of those discussed (with more witnesses) that never even made it to Court.

Friends in high places.

• Like 1