Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Rates Reform

17 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Dunno - absolutely no idea what our Commissioners do with all the money they take off us each year

Hand a lot of it over to central Govt I think, for services like the incinerator.

If you consider all the new properties being built everywhere and then lob in a figure of at least £1k rates for most of them - it's some take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Dunno - absolutely no idea what our Commissioners do with all the money they take off us each year

I saw posted elsewhere this week that Douglas Corpy now seems to have a acquired an S-Class Merc to drive the mayor around in. That’s the sort of self inflating crap they seem to like to spend our money on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I saw posted elsewhere this week that Douglas Corpy now seems to have a acquired an S-Class Merc to drive the mayor around in. That’s the sort of self inflating crap they seem to like to spend our money on. 

I hope you are mistaken. That would be taking the piss. Ther3 are now so many people who would like 3 or 4 votes from this house that will be told to fuck right off when they ring our bell.

Looking forward to it too.

Just now, dilligaf said:

I hope you are mistaken. That would be taking the piss. Ther3 are now so many people who would like 3 or 4 votes from this house that will be told to fuck right off when they ring our bell.

Looking forward to it too.

I saw a post somewhere (might have been IOM online or 3fm) from someone saying they saw it parked outside town hall. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

To be fair maybe they got it cheap when they bought 20 minibuses or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

.or one MBenz chewing gum remover ( with eco friendly re-cycling into Wrigleys wrappers ), for a sqillion quids?

Actually, re-cycling chewing gum spat out by mindless eejits, would be poetic justice???

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1