Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
woody2

Keith Flint

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

My personal motorcycling correspondent briefed me earlier!

OK then, but that has been a news item all day.

It’s just dawned on me that being called Flint he was always likely to be a firestarter wasn’t he?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

It’s just dawned on me that being called Flint he was always likely to be a firestarter wasn’t he?

When it came to buying matches. He was In Like Flint!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, prism10 said:

When it came to buying matches. He was In Like Flint!

What’s Derek’s take on this...

15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

OK then, but that has been a news item all day.

His motorcycling interests have been mentioned in all the news reports I have seen, no doubt because it is in the Wiki article[1].  Certainly both the BBC and the Guardian mention it - no doubt because there wasn't an awful lot of other personal detail they could use.

[1]  There used to be tasteless, but sometimes funny, trick where an eye-catching but unlikely (and untrue) 'fact' was inserted into the Wiki of someone immediately after their death.  It was amazing how many media outlets faithfully repeated it.  You can check by looking back at an old edit, but if it was a 'good story' many 'journalists' didn't bother.

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

His motorcycling interests have been mentioned in all the news reports I have seen, no doubt because it is in the Wiki article[1].  Certainly both the BBC and the Guardian mention it - no doubt because there wasn't an awful lot of other personal detail they could use.

[1]  There used to be tasteless, but sometimes funny, trick where an eye-catching but unlikely (and untrue) 'fact' was inserted into the Wiki of someone immediately after their death.  It was amazing how many media outlets faithfully repeated it.  You can check by looking back at an old edit, but if it was a 'good story' many 'journalists' didn't bother.

When composer Ronnie Hazlehurst died. Journalists kept going on about how he co-wrote a S Club 7 song. It was not true and inserted in Wikipedia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

1991/2 first time i did sound for them.......

just another pa act.......

I’ve finally worked out who Woody is

9FEF3561-F777-41A3-ACBE-D8A45758A7FB.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, prism10 said:

When composer Ronnie Hazlehurst died. Journalists kept going on about how he co-wrote a S Club 7 song. It was not true and inserted in Wikipedia.

Bob Holness Baker Street saxophone syndrome.

33 minutes ago, manxst said:

https://www.iomtt.com/news/2015/12/07/keith-flint-ttc-ian hutchinson-tt-2016

people saying that this isn’t true or something?

Oh no.  Just pointing out that the way it appeared (usually with near-identical wording) in so many articles was related to the way that journalists' first instinct is to plunder Wikipedia when someone dies - especially if it's unexpected and they have nothing prepared.  It's true in this case - and people always love a story when someone famous in one field does something notable in an unrelated one.  But sometimes journalists' eagerness for a good story means they fall for a hoax - something is 'too good to check'.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, prism10 said:

About 10 years ago a neighbour went to a local advocates firm regarding a medical complaint. They took his file away and did some 'research' and replied that they did not feel the matter would succeed. When he got his files back it included the advocates notes. It consisted of printouts from wikipedia. (Most of which was as good as going down the pub for advice)

Fucking lazy useless smug cow.

edited to add:

At least it was legal aid that footed the bill, but that isn't the point.

Also 'smug' has been added, because I am sure she felt so fucking clever 'looking up on the internet'

Edited by gettafa

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I am a chubby fan, but did not know that. Cheers, will have to google it.

chubby was referencing the lady garden.......

Little boxes all the same
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same

:lol:

16 hours ago, Declan said:

James Honeyman-Scott. 

never heard of her.....

22 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Met Keith a couple of times at TT. A gentleman.  

77949A0B-D066-46B9-9925-56F79F3F98B6.jpeg

Two flints and literally no spark (forced smile for the camera)!

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

not that we could work out! 

I find it incredibly sad when explosive talent like his just burns out. George Michael, Freddy Mercury, Amy Winehouse. 

The list goes on. 

You say that but maybe they just had nothing left in the tank, they'd passed their best, maybe the thought of diminishing talent left them no other option than to appear on I'm a celebrity get me out of here and that was too much to take.

Edited by yootalkin2me