Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
woody2

Keith Flint

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

but where were the people that purported to be his friend in his hours of need. Nobody there to put an arm around his shoulder was there?

or his wife........what happened to her..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

I'm intrigued as to why you think suicide is both selfish and stupid?

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please.

The game of life is hard to play, Gonna lose it anyway,

The losing card I'll someday lay, this is all I have to say.

 

Says it all really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Says it all really.

not really....... i know someone who used to drive a train.....it had a massive impact on them when someone jumped in front of the train......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please.

The game of life is hard to play, Gonna lose it anyway,

The losing card I'll someday lay, this is all I have to say.

 

Says it all really.

I wasn't asking you either

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, woody2 said:

not really....... i know someone who used to drive a train.....it had a massive impact on them when someone jumped in front of the train......

That lyric is to portray the individuals point of view not the witness's. I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:
25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please.

The game of life is hard to play, Gonna lose it anyway,

The losing card I'll someday lay, this is all I have to say.

 

Says it all really.

This is a forum, not a private letter service. Use PMs if you only want to "talk" to one poster.

In response to your "I wasn't talking to you" comment.

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please.

That’s a poor line stolen from M.A.S.H 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrPB said:
36 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes and I can take or leave it if I please.

That’s a poor line stolen from M.A.S.H 

 

Several lines.

I thought that was f****** obvious.

A very meaningful lyric too if you care to think about it, instead of trying to be smart 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

A very meaningful lyric too if you care to think about it, instead of trying to be smart 

It’s a song from a 1970s soap series. I wasn’t trying to me smart. I just wondered why you thought it was relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

I wasn't asking you.

It's a forum, I don't need your permission...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woody2 said:

or his wife........what happened to her..........

They'd split up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, MrPB said:
35 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

A very meaningful lyric too if you care to think about it, instead of trying to be smart  

It’s a song from a 1970s soap series. I wasn’t trying to me smart. I just wondered why you thought it was relevant. 

I can't think why a song lyric about suicide would be relevant in a thread about suicide. Jesus effing christ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, yootalkin2me said:

I'm intrigued as to why you think suicide is both selfish and stupid?

Because it is. Over the past couple of years a few people I know (some better than others & none I'd consider a friend) have killed themselves, one of whom had several children. Was that person thinking about the effect their self harm would have on those children? No, not at all, ergo selfish. Another killed themselves with their dog for company...who was going to feed the dog? And what about the people who find the body? Selfish, thoughtless and cruel. Nor do they consider the effect their act has on the wider community, I didn't know the girl who threw herself off Marine Drive but I think about her every time I walk past the hippy memorial that's up there (which is quite frequently because it's on my parish training route) it's terribly saddening.  

Stupid is obvious, if you kill yourself then you will be dead and that's a really stupid thing to make yourself. But I was talking about Keith Flint's, his suicide was stupid and reckless because he was influential (for some).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2bees said:

Because it is. Over the past couple of years a few people I know (some better than others & none I'd consider a friend) have killed themselves, one of whom had several children. Was that person thinking about the effect their self harm would have on those children? No, not at all, ergo selfish. Another killed themselves with their dog for company...who was going to feed the dog? And what about the people who find the body? Selfish, thoughtless and cruel. Nor do they consider the effect their act has on the wider community, I didn't know the girl who threw herself off Marine Drive but I think about her every time I walk past the hippy memorial that's up there (which is quite frequently because it's on my parish training route) it's terribly saddening.  

Stupid is obvious, if you kill yourself then you will be dead and that's a really stupid thing to make yourself. But I was talking about Keith Flint's, his suicide was stupid and reckless because he was influential (for some).

You're wrong on both counts and obviously have no idea about mental ill health. It is not selfish if you feel completely worthless and all you see is darkness wit no light at the end of the tunnel. People who are mentally ill and are suicidal are not capable of thinking straight, unlike their mentally well counterparts.

It is also not stupid, in fact it makes logical sense especially to someone who is mentally ill.

You massively oversimplify the issue by saying it's selfish and stupid, to someone suicidal it's selfless and logical.

And I couldn't care less how many people you knew whom have ended their own lives, unless you've been in a similar place you know nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...