Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
woody2

Keith Flint

2 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

You're wrong on both counts and obviously have no idea about mental ill health. It is not selfish if you feel completely worthless and all you see is darkness wit no light at the end of the tunnel. People who are mentally ill and are suicidal are not capable of thinking straight, unlike their mentally well counterparts.

It is also not stupid, in fact it makes logical sense especially to someone who is mentally ill.

You massively oversimplify the issue by saying it's selfish and stupid, to someone suicidal it's selfless and logical.

And I couldn't care less how many people you knew whom have ended their own lives, unless you've been in a similar place you know nothing.

She wasn’t talking to you...

Ah...but I have and it was stupid and selfish.  I wasn’t mentally ill,  I felt sorry for myself and didn’t want to face up to the situation I’d got myself into, this has also been the case for all the people I know of who’ve done it.

It’s ok to disagree with me, it’s an emotive subject. 

13 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Ah...but I have and it was stupid and selfish.  I wasn’t mentally ill,  I felt sorry for myself and didn’t want to face up to the situation I’d got myself into, this has also been the case for all the people I know of who’ve done it.

It’s ok to disagree with me, it’s an emotive subject. 

That all makes sense,but perhaps the situation you were in wasn't desperate enough. I'd say it's neither selfish nor stupid to the person carrying out the act of suicide,it only appears as such to the people left behind who can't imagine what the thought process and despair was at the very last moment. 

Suicide is just desperately, desperately sad. For the person whose thought processes lead them to believe it’s a way to reconcile matters, and for everyone left behind affected by it. I know only one person who took their own life, but did know them fairly well. I was racked by thoughts that perhaps I missed signs that might have led me to help, that I didn’t invest enough time in the person, or that I was overly preoccupied with my own life. I’ve never satisfactorily answered those questions. In some way, suicide is a failure of the system - but I don’t know how to resolve matters. I’m quite an upbeat, optimistic person, but every time I hear of someone taking their own life it brings me right down...I guess in some difficult to define way it makes me feel impotent to do anything positive to reduce the chances of others seeking the same way out. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. 

29 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Oh okay, because everybody is an exact carbon copy of you.

Yeah, that’s exactly how it is. Pointless post... yawn.

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Oh okay, because everybody is an exact carbon copy of you.

Why have a go at Bees ?

9 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Coz he/she/it is a bitter little Walter :)

I think TJ crosses a few of those gender types.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I think TJ crosses all of those gender types.

Corrected...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Why have a go at Bees ?

I wasn't. I was just suggesting that maybe she and everyone else here is not psychic. You can't say what other people's thoughts were simply based on your own thoughts. Different people's brains are wired differently. Different people react in different ways to pressure or specific events. Different people have had different upbringings or been subjected to different things during stages of development which cause them to think and react differently to others. Perhaps just be more open minded.

2 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I wasn't. I was just suggesting that maybe she and everyone else here is not psychic. You can't say what other people's thoughts were simply based on your own thoughts. Different people's brains are wired differently. Different people react in different ways to pressure or specific events. Different people have had different upbringings or been subjected to different things during stages of development which cause them to think and react differently to others. Perhaps just be more open minded.

So, a bit different maybe ?

• Like 1