Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
doc.fixit

silent calls?

I have had one from BT American accent gave it a mouthful which is probably a complete waste of time but made me feel better.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

I have had one from BT American accent gave it a mouthful which is probably a complete waste of time but made me feel better.

So not all bad then....

• Haha 1

If they do actually speak, ask for their name, their managers name and their business address before pointing out that cold calling is an offense on the isle of man and that you will be passing their details to the police.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If they do actually speak, ask for their name, their managers name and their business address before pointing out that cold calling is an offense on the isle of man and that you will be passing their details to the police.

It wouldn't be a silent call if they spoke!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Any one else getting weird no answer land line calls? Two or three different phone numbers and then nothing at the other end. We've let the answer phone operate for the last few weeks but the ringing is a little annoying.

I’m plagued by these to the point that I’m thinking of binning off my landline as there’s bugger all MT can do about it. I get at least 5 a day. Either a dead phone line like yours or some irritating, scamming, Indian call centre who just annoy the arse out of me trying to con me out of money. I thought we had regulations to deal with this but apparently unless they’re ringing from a call centre in Peel there bugger all anyone can do about it. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, finlo said:

It wouldn't be a silent call if they spoke!

He has problems keeping up...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’m plagued by these to the point that I’m thinking of binning off my landline as there’s bugger all MT can do about it. I get at least 5 a day. Either a dead phone line like yours or some irritating, scamming, Indian call centre who just annoy the arse out of me trying to con me out of money. I thought we had regulations to deal with this but apparently unless they’re ringing from a call centre in Peel there bugger all anyone can do about it. 

We only have the landline for the interweb; haven’t plugged a phone into it for years for that very reason.

I’d like to see MT offer a broadband only service as most folk rely on their mobiles now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Any one else getting weird no answer land line calls? Two or three different phone numbers and then nothing at the other end. We've let the answer phone operate for the last few weeks but the ringing is a little annoying.

it's amy.........

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Buy a landline phone that has the BT Call Guardian feature. Your trusted numbers are stored in a phonebook and get connected instantly. Anyone else is screened and they have to say their identity before the system rings your line and tells you who is trying to get through. You can then add blocked numbers to a database and they’ll never get through again!

Works 100 % with cold calls and scams, we used to get several per day, have not had any for over two years now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I got one earlier and then my whole bloody internet went down for half an hour.

Pressed 1471 and I think it's a London area number.

10 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I got one earlier and then my whole bloody internet went down for half an hour.

Pressed 1471 and I think it's a London area number.

Why would you re-call them if your internet went down having received a call off them? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Why would you re-call them if your internet went down having received a call off them? :rolleyes:

I didn't re-call them. I used 1471 to find out who it was as it gives you their phone number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

I didn't re-call them. I used 1471 to find out who it was as it gives you their phone number.

Calling 1471 it stated that the number was not recognized sorry

2 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Not in my case. I got their number.

Call I got was the female american accented one