Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
BallaDoc

Ramsey marina meeting tonight

Pie in the sky from the start. 

A load of noise for nothing.

Dilli is right on this and I can believe the latest (unproven) skeet.  Can't wait for the promoters excuses about why they have to abandon the project.

They will of course try to blame nasty government for not financially assisting or underwriting their scheme to the tune of long millions.

The reality being there was never a credible business plan in the first place.

Put up the £ or shut up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSOS. I must have another glitch in my PC, as I can't see your reply to Roger.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The whole thing is a scam

I said it was such for one reason and RM said as much for a different reason.

You however, as usual only challenge the lesser of the two.

Bit like in the playground, where the bully hits the little kid and not the big one.

Does that ring a bell ?

You said a stupid thing based on made up “facts” and RM did not. You said it was going to be taxpayer funded of which there is no proof whatsoever. RM did not say that or even suggest that. You really seem to be trying hard to falsely claim that you are being picked on when you are not. You really need to grow up. It’s unbecoming in someone your age to be such a bleating attention seeking forum wuss. Just accept you made stuff up based on rumours that might have no basis in fact. RM did not which is why I didn’t respond to his post. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

TSOS's friends "in the know" obviously did not keep him up to speed.

Dead in the water.

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You said a stupid thing based on made up “facts” and RM did not. You said it was going to be taxpayer funded of which there is no proof whatsoever. RM did not say that or even suggest that. You really seem to be trying hard to to falsely claim that you are being picked on when you are not. You really need to grow up. It’s unbecoming in someone your age to be such a bleating forum wuss. 

If ignorance is bliss, you should be very happy.

Ramsey has got two things going for it. The Mitre (other pubs are available) and charity shops.

If I lived there I would end up an alcoholic in ill-fitting but nonetheless gaily coloured clathes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

Ramsey has got two things going for it. The Mitre (other pubs are available) and charity shops.

If I lived there I would end up an alcoholic in ill-fitting but nonetheless gaily coloured clathes.

Ramsey has more chance of getting a Primark than a stupid fucking marina . End of. 

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Correct it is totally and utterly unproven gossip. 

Yes. But

a) they don't own the land

b) there's no planning application 

c) there's no credible business plan

d) where's the money coming from?

1 minute ago, b4mbi said:

Yes. But

That’s Dandaras entire business model. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:
2 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Yes. But

That’s Dandaras entire business model. 

I hope you have reversing cameras for that back tracking

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I hope you have reversing cameras for that back tracking

Jesus just STFU you really are being so pathetic just because you were picked up on one point. Property development is about speculation in planning, speculation on rights to acquire land, and speculation on the ability to bring other investors in after a project has got momentum. That’s exactly what DD do too. That’s being a developer pretty much. They have invested into this project in terms of getting plans drawn up, surveys done, and the financials modeled. Contrary to your false claim that they have not invested a penny so far and are relying on taxpayer cash. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

20 minutes ago, gettafa said:

That's a bit of a curveball but an interesting one.

The Port Erin Breakwater failed dramatically on more than one occasion. All put down to poor foundations for the conditions (deep sand, outrageous westerlies etc).

The battle for the breakwater funding was an interesting one too. The north MHKs saying how all the Government money always went south (literally).

However, those big rocks have been lying around for a long, long time and could offer a sound foundation. Maybe not.

In my lifetime I believe the old breakwater foundation stones are slipping, and some of old timers believe so too.  I don’t think it sits higher in the water than it used too.  

But as I’ve said numerous times on here, the only place a marina should be is in Port Erin, natural deep harbour.

• Like 2

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

Jesus just STFU you really are being such a pathetic knob just because you were picked up on one point. Property development is about speculation in planning, rights to acquire land, and ability to bring other investors in after a project has bit momentum. They have invested into this project in terms of getting plans drawn up, surveys done, and the financials modeled. Contrary to your false claim that they have not invested a penny so far. 

Absolute bollocks.

You know it, I know it 

and every man and his dog knows it. 

Good effing night. I am now bored to tears.