Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
BallaDoc

Ramsey marina meeting tonight

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Feel free to sue me then. You’re not that familiar with the concept of libel are you? If you were you might realize that nothing I posted could even vaguely be construed as libelous. 

Nothing you have posted impacts on me but you may want to reconsider your post accusing people of being crooks. Your past history of fuckwittery tells me you won’t

• Like 1

I'm not wanting to get involved, and not sure how many are involved in this current spat, but if anyone is going to sue would you please let me know when the court case is. It would make an entertaining day out and probably put Isle of man properly on the map for internet libel cases. (Oh, and is one of you James/vader?)

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

There are economies of scale in one LA, if there does in fact need to be a political subset below ‘national’ Government in a place this size. There can still be local representation as per panels of commissioners, but with the imposition of a national rate, we might end up with a more balanced equity for Island residents. It’s a nonsense that I am hammered for my rates propping up Ramsey Town, when someone equidistant from the centre of it in Lezayre or Maughold pays much less.

and I’m not voting for election. Firstly, can you see anyone voting for my manifesto? Secondly, I couldn’t stand for a local election as it would be pure hypocrisy, as I don’t believe in its structure. Thirdly, after watching the struggles of the likes of Lawrie in Tynwald, trying to hold people to account and move things on, there is absolutely no point in standing nationally in 2021

I don't know how you could ever have ONE local authority under a National Government .

How could that ever happen and what would they do ???

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

DF is correct IMHO. The current system is archaic and supports nothing more than a jobs and egos structure with efficiencies being a dirty word. Look at the current pathetic arguments over Ballakilley between PE and Rushen. You could throw a hankerchief over the whole lot. PE need to ask questions about their expenditure. As do PSM (Manxonia House). And a £750k overspend a few years back. Who let that happen? Ramsey is the current example.

Ratepayers come a distant second at the moment.

32 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I'm not wanting to get involved, and not sure how many are involved in this current spat, but if anyone is going to sue would you please let me know when the court case is. It would make an entertaining day out and probably put Isle of man properly on the map for internet libel cases. (Oh, and is one of you James/vader?)

The safe money is on SOS being Vader...

9 hours ago, gettafa said:

Just pointing out the laws surrounding libel to show once more that Neil Down is talking completely through his arse. He might be good at shouting and screaming and baiting posters on here to divert the course of threads he doesn’t like but he has a rather naive view on libel. Not least because the commissioners function as a collection of individuals so saying most are crooks is referring collectively to the commissioners as a body and not to any commissioner individually. He’s no Perry Mason. Clearly I’m not Vader, I would doubt Neil Down is either - although it wouldn’t surprise me given the amount of time he manages to spend on these boards every day posting drivel and the sheer anger he seems to direct at any poster who says anything he doesn’t like. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Just pointing out the laws surrounding libel to show once more that Neil Down is talking completely through his arse. He might be good at shouting and screaming and baiting posters on here to divert the course of threads he doesn’t like but he has a rather naive view on libel. Not least because the commissioners function as a collection of individuals so saying most are crooks is referring collectively to the commissioners as a body and not to any commissioner individually. He’s no Perry Mason. Clearly I’m not Vader, I would doubt Neil Down is either - although it wouldn’t surprise me given the amount of time he manages to spend on these boards every day posting drivel and the sheer anger he seems to direct at any poster who says anything he doesn’t like. 

You really are a snowflake aren’t you. Feel free (once again) to point out my angry posts. I suppose you count “angry” as any post that call you out for the nugget you and your alter egos are. Which is pretty much all the time...

21 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You really are a snowflake aren’t you. Feel free (once again) to point out my angry posts. I suppose you count “angry” as any post that call you out for the nugget you and your alter egos are. Which is pretty much all the time...

Once again Mr Paranoid I do not have any forum alter egos. I do not have any forum alter egos as I’m not like you or Dillgaf constantly trolling and baiting people so I get my own way on what is “allowed” to be said in threads and what isn’t. I think a lot of people are sick of your two pricks vomiting the contents of your heads and your paranoid egos on this forum 24/7 like Stadler and Waldorf on steroids. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing is happening and nothing ever will, Ramsey will remain the same forever. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So it is not dead in the water?

Time will tell

58 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Time will tell

My money is on it being dead

• Like 2