Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
BallaDoc

Ramsey marina meeting tonight

When they say privately funded it really means It’s a scam in order to elicit funds from us the taxpayer.  The weak willed MHKs and their ilk will suck it up with a few photo opportunities and a couple of large ones.

fast forward a few years and a carbuncle of a unfinished marina lies rotting on Ramsey shores and £100m is lost. 

• Like 2

There was a post on fb earlier that said there was something in the pink book, £250000 for marina plans in Ramsey.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gizo said:

When they say privately funded it really means It’s a scam in order to elicit funds from us the taxpayer.  The weak willed MHKs and their ilk will suck it up with a few photo opportunities and a couple of large ones.

fast forward a few years and a carbuncle of a unfinished marina lies rotting on Ramsey shores and £100m is lost. 

Yes, we have had quite a few dreamers looking for cash so it's only natural that people are cynical. Trip to the moon, F1 in Santon, Airships and various mismanaged 'opportunities'. I think due diligence is key here.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, b4mbi said:

£150k per flat sales price, build cost per flat £100k

Nobody builds £150k flats for £100k

Get your fag packet out again.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, we have had quite a few dreamers looking for cash so it's only natural that people are cynical. Trip to the moon, F1 in Santon, Airships and various mismanaged 'opportunities'. I think due diligence is key here.  

Admittedly I am cynical but I can’t see them getting funding privately or on future flat sales without gov handouts. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gizo said:

douglas harbour cruise berth started out as been privately funded.......look what happened........

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, woody2 said:

douglas harbour cruise berth started out as been privately funded.......look what happened........

And the new Liverpool dock, at least partly....but at least the water in the Ramsey marina will be nice and smooth with all the snake oil floating on the surface.

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Tell me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Cynic - this Marina and guaranteed HNW's from their yachts will be able to attend the previously proposed privately funded F1 / Moto GP circuit near Hillberry that was proposed 15 odd years ago by the chancer Martin Jones of Port Soderick...

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder what we'll be saying about this in one year's and five year's time...

We’ll be saying exactly the same thing on both occasions - and you know very well what that is...don’t you?

2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

What does your fag packet say then?!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, b4mbi said:
2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Smoking kills !

Sorry. I know this is a serious thread 

Edited by dilligaf

41 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Cynic - this Marina and guaranteed HNW's from their yachts will be able to attend the previously proposed privately funded F1 / Moto GP circuit near Hillberry that was proposed 15 odd years ago by the chancer Martin Jones of Port Soderick...

Martin's proposal was for a site between Santon and the airport. Sam Alder was behind the Hillberry idea, not a bad one in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Slinky is right. The margin is a lot higher than that. They’d be building flats that sell for £150k at £75k each or less. 

• Like 1

Was / is this meeting being recorded or broadcast by any chance ?