Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
BallaDoc

Ramsey marina meeting tonight

Dorricot is heavily involved behind the Marina scheme which to me gives it some credence.    Thank god the Victorians had more imagination than some of the negative people around now.    Manx crab at its finest.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Dorricot is heavily involved behind the Marina scheme which to me gives it some credence.    Thank god the Victorians had more imagination than some of the negative people around now.    Manx crab at its finest.

that iomg will end up with a big bill......

• Like 1

Shame one of the local MHKs appears very conflicted by his membership of the sailing club. I note the sailing club gets new premises as part of the scheme. Much of the local feeling is that it would be better on the north beach

7 minutes ago, momo65 said:

Shame one of the local MHKs appears very conflicted by his membership of the sailing club. I note the sailing club gets new premises as part of the scheme. Much of the local feeling is that it would be better on the north beach

We're talking about Ramsey Sailing Club here - supported and kept going by enthusiastic volunteers and old ladies cooking hotpot suppers. It's not the international Bilderberg conspiracy.

So, however you look at it, membership definitely doesn't count as being "very conflicted". 

Member of club supports development that will encourage/ support others who share same minority interest is undoubtedly conflict of interest, irrespective of old ladies 

1 hour ago, momo65 said:

Source please?

Doc Ginge is a member of Ramsey Rowing Club which has one or two boats at most and are kept in a member's garage. The Sailing Club is a different set up all together. Are you perhaps a little confused by the two? The Doc is also a member of the rugby club and probably other sports clubs too. Its the sports club equivalent of granny farming. He does however do the rowing boat stuff as I've seen them in the Mooragh lake.

22 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Source please?

Doc Ginge is a member of Ramsey Rowing Club which has one or two boats at most and are kept in a member's garage. The Sailing Club is a different set up all together. Are you perhaps a little confused by the two? The Doc is also a member of the rugby club and probably other sports clubs too. Its the sports club equivalent of granny farming. He does however do the rowing boat stuff as I've seen them in the Mooragh lake.

rm.JPG

If this is even considered serious it will be the biggest mess up in history of Isle of Man. To have anything to do with self centered ‘I want a marina for my boat dorricot’ and cronies Ramsey & Gov must be bonkers or part of the Christian religious nutter brigade.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, LolurJokin said:

If this is even considered serious it will be the biggest mess up in history of Isle of Man. To have anything to do with self centered ‘I want a marina for my boat dorricot’ and cronies Ramsey & Gov must be bonkers or part of the Christian religious nutter brigade.

I cant see it ever happening.

But if it does for some strange reason, I hope not penny is taxpayers money.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Lol. Yeah right. 

Conspiracy Theory No.9007. Recent changes to planning by Mssrs Boot and Co. to make objections harder and applications easier. Making a land grab and ensuing development much more developer friendly. Which it will have to be given that it's proposed property sales that are to fund the marina.

Now consider the scale of the marina proposal. 400 berths. How many?! How the hell are they proposing to fill that many berths given Douglas and Peel marina's presences as well? Are we to have Flotillas of floating gin palaces all making their way to the sights and sounds of Ramsey?

Methinks there's more in play here and I wonder if it involves boats and offshore tax arrangements.

ETA is there any feedback from the Sunday last protest meeting at the lifeboat house?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 1

No wonder the Island is stale with lack of investment, there are always some nimbys who oppose everything and anything.   I bet not many of the objectors have been near that bit of beach for years...so sad but predictable.   All the usual sad suspects sounding off if their mouths were sewn up they would be half sensible.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

There's already been a chunk, it is in the pink book. No one knows where it went or what is was for though.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's already been a chunk, it is in the pink book. No one knows where it went or what is was for though.

Somebody said they heard on MR that £40,000 was spent on planning issues.

Defies belief in my eyes. We , the taxpayer will gain nothing from this farce.

I still cannot believe that people see it being something fantastic.

the poster B4mbi (sp) , I think it was explained a few facts to show that the marina thing could not be financially viable

Edited by dilligaf

On 3/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, BallaDoc said:

There is indeed an item in the current Pink Book which earmarks £250,000 for "design fees for non-tidal marina development".  It is mentioned in several places.  Does anyone know what this is, or which marina it refers to?  It probably doesn't refer to Ramsey Marina, but you never know, and it is rather sloppy accountancy to have an item of this magnitude in the budget but with insufficient information to identify what it is. 

Bit more than £40,000 Dilligaf.

• Sad 1