Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
BallaDoc

Ramsey marina meeting tonight

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But I bet they have not thrown any dosh into the kitty yet.

Pie in the sky I'm afraid.

So you know that for a fact do you? I’m sure all the draughtsmen and the architects have worked for nothing etc, etc. More forum white noise. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

So you know that for a fact do you? I’m sure all the draughtsmen and the architects have worked for nothing etc, etc. More forum white noise. 

You know and I know  that it will all come to nothing. Accept it and move on.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

You know and I know  that it will all come to nothing. Accept it and move on.

;) Sorry the forum expert on everything who knows everything says move on so we can’t debate logic. You said they won’t have invested anything. I’d say they have invested a lot in the plans and the reports they’ve had drawn up so far to get to this stage and the financial modeling. So they have not invested nothing. 

;) Sorry the forum expert on everything who knows everything says move on so we can’t debate logic. You said they won’t have invested anything. I’d say they have invested a lot in the plans and the reports they’ve had drawn up so far to get to this stage and the financial modeling. So they have not invested nothing. 

I am no expert, but even a fool can see that nothing will be built.

How often have these stupid works been put forward in the hope of stealing taxpayers money? 

Ok, I'll tell you. Far too often . 

• Like 1

The whole plan was only ever an excuse to build more high-rise 'executive apartments' in a place where they would (rightly) normally never get permission.  With the bottom falling out of that market, they no longer need the excuse.

Either that or they reckon that Boot will now let anyone build anything anywhere, no matter what the planners say or the public want.  Well providing the developers are rich enough, anyway.  So again no excuse is needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I am no expert, but even a fool can see that nothing will be built.

How often have these stupid works been put forward in the hope of stealing taxpayers money? 

Ok, I'll tell you. Far too often . 

So you know for a certain fact that they wanted taxpayer money then? Are you really Alf Cannan? You seem to know everything that goes on about everything to do with government finances even though nothing indicates that claims you make are actual facts. 

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

So you know for a certain fact that they wanted taxpayer money then? Are you really Alf Cannan? You seem to know everything that goes on about everything to do with government finances even though nothing indicates that claims you make are actual facts. 

So you have a go at me again because I am easy pickings, yet don't reply to a clever bloke like Roger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Instead of baiting posters, read Roger’s comment...

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

So you have a go at me again because I am easy pickings, yet don't reply to a clever bloke like Roger.

Sorry, where did RM say that they were relying on taxpayers money to fund this like you said? He didn’t. So that just makes your claims wrong not his claims that it was likely mostly about getting planning to build executive apartments which there is now little market for - which is probably right. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Where did RM say that they were relying in taxpayers money to fund this like you said? He didn’t. So that just makes your claims wrong not his claims that it was about getting planning for executive apartments which is probably right. 

The whole thing is a scam

I said it was such for one reason and RM said as much for a different reason.

You however, as usual only challenge the lesser of the two.

Bit like in the playground, where the bully hits the little kid and not the big one.

Does that ring a bell ?

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

That'll be a pretty popular decision by our leaders I'd think. Most people I spoke to about it were ambivalent at best, and some were furiously against it. 

They should have a go at rebuilding Port Erin's smashed breakwater and putting their 24hr access marina there. 

That's a bit of a curveball but an interesting one.

The Port Erin Breakwater failed dramatically on more than one occasion. All put down to poor foundations for the conditions (deep sand, outrageous westerlies etc).

The battle for the breakwater funding was an interesting one too. The north MHKs saying how all the Government money always went south (literally).

However, those big rocks have been lying around for a long, long time and could offer a sound foundation. Maybe not.

I think Ramsey needs to get the Breakwater sorted out first to see what impact it may have on the town. 

• Like 1

Pie in the sky from the start. 

A load of noise for nothing.

Dilli is right on this and I can believe the latest (unproven) skeet.  Can't wait for the promoters excuses about why they have to abandon the project.

They will of course try to blame nasty government for not financially assisting or underwriting their scheme to the tune of long millions.

The reality being there was never a credible business plan in the first place.

Put up the £ or shut up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSOS. I must have another glitch in my PC, as I can't see your reply to Roger.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The whole thing is a scam

I said it was such for one reason and RM said as much for a different reason.

You however, as usual only challenge the lesser of the two.

Bit like in the playground, where the bully hits the little kid and not the big one.

Does that ring a bell ?

You said a stupid thing based on made up “facts” and RM did not. You said it was going to be taxpayer funded of which there is no proof whatsoever. RM did not say that or even suggest that. You really seem to be trying hard to falsely claim that you are being picked on when you are not. You really need to grow up. It’s unbecoming in someone your age to be such a bleating attention seeking forum wuss. Just accept you made stuff up based on rumours that might have no basis in fact. RM did not which is why I didn’t respond to his post. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

TSOS's friends "in the know" obviously did not keep him up to speed.

Dead in the water.