Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manxst

Island’s most expensive house for sale

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Should that matter to anyone apart from himself ?

I don't get your stance at all, sorry.

It's easy...it's not my stance...it's a buyer's stance. That's why it matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Should that matter to anyone apart from himself ?

I don't get your stance at all, sorry. 

It's easy...it's not my stance...it's a buyer's stance. That's why it matters.

Can you speak for potential buyers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Can you speak for potential buyers ?

Ok. Let's see how it goes. I'm not thinking there's gonna be a queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is possible to dislike ostentation without there being a jealousy element. Especially when it cost an eighth of the Islands Health Budget!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It is possible to dislike ostentation without there being a jealousy element. Especially when it cost an eighth of the Islands Health Budget!

Again. His money, earned through his ability to invent and use his brain to the max. I don't have a problem with that at all.

If taxpayers money was involved it would be different, but that is not the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Again. His money, earned through his ability to invent and use his brain to the max. I don't have a problem with that at all.

If taxpayers money was involved it would be different, but that is not the case.

I don't think he's used his brain to the Max in this 'investment'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The price is fair considering the build cost. If my 6 numbers come up, he has a sale.

Didn’t think you were that stupid...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neil Down said:
44 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The price is fair considering the build cost. If my 6 numbers come up, he has a sale.

Didn’t think you were that stupid...

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dilligaf said:

??

Self explanatory, why on earth would you spend that kind of money on something that is clearly well overpriced

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, maynragh said:

He built it because he likes clocks. That's why it looks the way it does. It's also the reason I don't think it's actually for sale. 

That's what puzzles me as well.  It's very much built for a particular person - and it's not been completed that long.  It's unlikely anyone else would have the same tastes.  And the price is crazy - it would make sense if it was in Central London, but not Santon.  Lorne House looks a bit overpriced at £4 million and this is more than seven times that.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Though it was 'only' £25 m when it's at £30 m plus.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neil Down said:
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

??

Self explanatory, why on earth would you spend that kind of money on something that is clearly well overpriced

 

I think once you go past the million mark, price is not an issue, nor is taste.

How can a football player ever be worth millions ? Why are actors watching over bank accounts worth tens of millions ?

When the crazy line has been crossed money does not matter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's what puzzles me as well.  It's very much built for a particular person - and it's not been completed that long.  It's unlikely anyone else would have the same tastes.  And the price is crazy - it would make sense if it was in Central London, but not Santon.  Lorne House looks a bit overpriced at £4 million and this is more than six times that.

I think it is a clever ploy on behalf of IOM governemnt to allow overblown tasteless builds that blight the countryside, no one will ever buy it so they can't leave...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's what puzzles me as well.  It's very much built for a particular person - and it's not been completed that long.  It's unlikely anyone else would have the same tastes.  And the price is crazy - it would make sense if it was in Central London, but not Santon.  Lorne House looks a bit overpriced at £4 million and this is more than seven times that.

Either it's cage rattling / bluff calling / hand forcing - in order to get something else permitted. Or there is a desire to do another - do something else, change the design, different clock, etc. (could be both). Odd as it might sound after all that effort that could be the reality. There is another house, built specifically to accommodate clocks. Never used as far as I'm aware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been fortunate enough to go Inside this house. I must admit it's not to my taste at all but it is most definitely an incredible building. Every inch of the place is bespoke from light fittings to the lift. Also there is an incredible echo when standing in the main atrium. I can see why it's got such a high price tag.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×