Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manxst

Island’s most expensive house for sale

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

My living room has a great echo too if i take all the furniture out. oldest trick in the book.

I have a 'thunder box'  like that :)

Edited by paswt
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

I think it is a clever ploy on behalf of IOM governemnt to allow overblown tasteless builds that blight the countryside, no one will ever buy it so they can't leave...

Indeed

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Self explanatory, why on earth would you spend that kind of money on something that is clearly well overpriced

In that price bracket it’s unique. Like you I think anyone would be totally mental to spend £30M on a property in the IOM but it is a unique property so who knows? It’s worth whatever it’s worth to a potential buyer. Who knows we might get some insane Russian oil baron who fancies laundering some money through the system here who IOMG would be easily impressed by which would make £30M for the privilege cheap.

Concerning that Taylor is moving on though. Is if for health reasons, or has IOMG pissed him off finally enough to make him move? Or is he just another multi millionaire deserting broken Brexit Britain for somewhere that isn’t going to operate like Mad Max’s Barter Town for the next 20 years? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paswt said:

I have a 'thunder box'  like that :)

the house looks like one........

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

In that price bracket it’s unique. Like you I think anyone would be totally mental to spend £30M on a property in the IOM but it is a unique property so who knows? It’s worth whatever it’s worth to a potential buyer. Who knows we might get some insane Russian oil baron who fancies laundering some money through the system here who IOMG would be easily impressed by which would make £30M for the privilege cheap.

Concerning that Taylor is moving on though. Is if for health reasons, or has IOMG pissed him off finally enough to make him move? Or is he just another multi millionaire deserting broken Brexit Britain for somewhere that isn’t going to operate like Mad Max’s Barter Town for the next 20 years? 

Considerably less I know but there has been a house for sale near St Johns on the Peel Rd that has been for sale for a good while now. Absolute bargain compared to this one and a mere snip at £3,500,000.

now where’s me cheque book...

Does it currently belong to Baron Boot?

9 hours ago, madmanx90 said:

I have been fortunate enough to go Inside this house. I must admit it's not to my taste at all but it is most definitely an incredible building. Every inch of the place is bespoke from light fittings to the lift. Also there is an incredible echo when standing in the main atrium. I can see why it's got such a high price tag.

I too have been inside the house. It's main raison d'etre I think was to house his clocks. It's beautiful inside and out and set at a fabulous vantage point.

I was lucky enough to be there for a charity event and spent a large portion of the time stood upstairs, outside on the roof on a warm summers evening.

If I had the money I'd buy the place

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mbx said:

I too have been inside the house. It's main raison d'etre I think was to house his clocks. It's beautiful inside and out and set at a fabulous vantage point.

I was lucky enough to be there for a charity event and spent a large portion of the time stood upstairs, outside on the roof on a warm summers evening.

If I had the money I'd buy the place

Been there on many an occasion,quite a nice place indeed.