Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
LightBulb

IOM Examiner Subscribe to on-line

Recommended Posts

I subscribe. It’s cheaper than buying. We don’t get a paper delivery here ( apart from the Courier ). I can access wherever I am. I read quickly. I can’t be bothered with MMTV, I get bored. It’s too slow. Added to which the standard of fawning journalism is worse even than IoM Newspapers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

More value for money to subscribe to the Financial Times.

Depends what you want to read, and why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Depends what you want to read, and why.

Well, if you want to read 90% of what's in the IOM Examiner, you could just subscribe to the Isle of Man Government's press releases free of charge and read them a week earlier.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

More value for money to subscribe to the Financial Times.

Do they cover the dogging in Foxdale and other important items. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Do they cover the dogging in Foxdale and other important items. ?

Some of their arts, motoring and travel is the best in British journalism. 

I read the manx papers for Manx news, Guardian and Observer for truth, and FT as required. Also New Law Journal and Solicitors Gazette, professionally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Wright said:
19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Do they cover the dogging in Foxdale and other important items. ?

Some of their arts, motoring and travel is the best in British journalism. 

I read the manx papers for Manx news, Guardian and Observer for truth, and FT as required. Also New Law Journal and Solicitors Gazette, professionally.

Totally agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Some of their arts, motoring and travel is the best in British journalism.

We do have a government which is very interested in motoring and travel promotion and a large part of the public "arts" are incestuously funded with state grants to relatives and friends of people in the right places in government.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

We do have a government which is very interested in motoring and travel promotion and a large part of the public "arts" are incestuously funded with state grants to relatives and friends of people in the right places in government.

Bitter, twisted and wrong

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Bitter, twisted and wrong

There does appear to he an element of truth there. Especially the arts grants. I love it when someone on the committee declares an interests. It's a virtual guarantee their friend is going to receive a cheque.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Do they cover the dogging in Foxdale and other important items. ?

Only if the share value is on the rise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Only if the share value is on the rise.

You have shares in Foxdale Dogging? What’s their current mid market price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×