Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
TheTeapot

Upsetting the nutters

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The display is in a private house.

If you don't want to be offended, don't look into peoples houses.

Before you start with your smart comments the displays are supposed to be for public consumption They face onto a busy junction and the big window is an 'art gallery' on display to be noticed by passers by. That's kind of the point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I can quite understand some "average" peeps getting upset about the window display in Peel - is the front window of a residential property on a residential street, just up the road from a primary school, the place to have graphic images of mutilated bodies (to include dolls and tailor's dummies) and replica bloodstained clothing? There's a place for this sort of stuff and the statements it would purport to make. And it's not the front window of a house.

Worst of all, I'm led to believe that the guy is a College lecturer?

Probably the only way to keep vinny away. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

True to form then Barrie. Idiot

And Private Eye..Barrie gets usual fiver from Lord Gnome!..Daily Mail £40..How was your Dolmio Day?

5 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Before you start with your smart comments the displays are supposed to be for public consumption They face onto a busy junction and the big window is an 'art gallery' on display to be noticed by passers by. That's kind of the point.

It is his bay window. It is not a gallery . A private house. If someone is making l*** in their own house and you look into their window and are offended, is it an offence ?

Can't believe how many people are turning to snowflakes :o

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:
13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

True to form then Barrie. Idiot

And Private Eye..Barrie gets usual fiver from Lord Gnome!..Daily Mail £40..How was your Dolmio Day?

Sad t**t

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Seen this?

http://chipscheesegravy.com/manx-churchgoers-call-for-artists-prosecution 

Art offending the happy clappers, good work. I hope the police tell them to piss off, or at least that there is no case to answer.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/human-rights-act/article-10-freedom-expression

The Island has imported the European Convention on Human Rights into domestic legislation and so the above link should mayhap moderate the actions of "Plod" This link is worth reading as I believe that Human Rights laws do reach even unto the deepest and darkest parts of Peel..

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Sad t**t

That's me baby! Stu Peters is not the only media whore aka "freelance"...I have been picking up dosh from various media outlets for 62 years when I was first published in the Daily Mail and which paid me £25 a quid a time for three articles ie £75...This is when few people even had a wage of £25 a week...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

ehat's me baby! Stu Peters is not the only media whore aka "freelance"...I have been picking up dosh from various media outlets for 62 years when I was first published in the Daily Mail and which paid me £25 a quid a time for three articles ie £75...This is when few people even had a wage of £25 a week...

Barrie, you have always been a sad t**t. I remember very well when you lived here and were the butt of most peoples jokes.

You swilled out a few bogs in your time and that gave you the importance you sort.

Just now, dilligaf said:

Barrie, you have always been a sad t**t. I remember very well when you lived here and were the butt of most peoples jokes.

You swilled out a few bogs in your time and that gave you the importance you sort.

A life well lived then! 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

A life well lived then! 

Barrie, I know you are very smart and have held some seriously important positions in your time. I am only having a laugh mocking you because of your time in lesser roles.

You clearly have had a good career in ship management, and I would never knock you for that.

I just attack when you post shite.

As far as I am aware, we still have (limited) freedom of expression and speech, although nothing like in the USA! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

As far as I am aware, we still have (limited) freedom of expression and speech, although nothing like in the USA! 

if somebody wants to portray the TT as a model of blood and guts,. then I have no problem with that.

Just why that was in italics is beyond me?.

I love this window display. It’s shit but good. My son goes past it to school every day and he’s always loved it. Kids love a bit of gore. Alas however the cult has its dirty fingers in high places over here so expect some state sponsored heavy handed Manx Stasi police in action. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well said Gizo. the world has gone mad