Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
SJR

Manx students go on strike

When the weather brightens up a bit more will join in the March has only just started  and has nearly two weeks to go.   Whether you are for or against at least they are making an effort in their own time not walking out of school for a half day off carrying their plastic water bottles and mobiles to phone mummy and tell her when to pick them up, she will no doubt take them to McDonald's for a treat for being brave and saving the polar bears, mummy often takes them out for tea as she is not into cooking.   It is a different world children already call the shots.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

When the weather brightens up a bit more will join in the March has only just started  and has nearly two weeks to go.   Whether you are for or against at least they are making an effort in their own time not walking out of school for a half day off carrying their plastic water bottles and mobiles to phone mummy and tell her when to pick them up, she will no doubt take them to McDonald's for a treat for being brave and saving the polar bears, mummy often takes them out for tea as she is not into cooking.   It is a different world children already call the shots.   

snowflake school of parenting

• Thanks 1

and how environment unfriendly are these single use placards........

straight to jurby hilton........

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

can't they reopen the mines.......

Not enough room for them all .

On 3/15/2019 at 11:25 PM, dilligaf said:

I can remember being 15 and thinking I knew better than the "older people" :thumbsup:

I also remember doing cross country and getting my ciggies and matches wet crossing the effing river at Port  E Chee several times each term :angry:

I always thought I knew best. Haven't changed, I guess, but I was certainly never that biddable at any age.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:28 AM, Rushen Spy said:

We don't want "democracy". That's nothing more than communist dictatorship. What we want and should be is a constitutional republic.

Democracy is the art of having and keeping a subject people firm in the belief that it's all being done in their name. Saves a lot of tiresome rebellion and mess on the streets.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:04 PM, SJR said:

When the population of the World is expected to grow by 25% over the next few years and the Clowns in Tynwald want our Island to take in 50% more people surely the time has come to restrict population growth.Cause and effect...Just a thought...

Spot on globally of course. Apparently it isn't politically correct to mention the elephant in the room. I presume this is because some ethnicities breed more prolifically than others and we wouldn't want to offend them. Strange because those in countries with the highest birth rates are first in the firing line when it comes to the effects. Instead, we talk about totally unachievable changes to lifestyle and eating habits over a couple of decades that everyone pays lip service to, but nobody has the slightest intention of adopting for themselves. If they are serious about emissions, why not have the debate about global population control and put some resources behind that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They should get their little arses kicked back into school, lucky to get an education for free, ungrateful little sods and the parents are worse for encouraging them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1