Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Blacksmith gets boot

How much does the MER cost us owner/taxpayers per year, currently?

I once went down to his cabin when I was stuck in Laxey..And to be stuck in Laxey is like giving up on life.I popped my  head over the stable door and asked him how much a plaque was.He was banging away and it was like getting a response from Jeremy Corbyn..I still do not know how much they cost..

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But the MER is ours, it is owned by us/Gov.

That’s a bit like saying you own shares in a footy club that’s lost £2m a year for the last 50 years. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

But the MER is ours, it is owned by us/Gov.

That’s a bit like saying you own shares in a footy club that’s lost £2m a year for the last 50 years. 

Sorry, I got bored and fell asleep.

9 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:
25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, I got bored and fell asleep.

Fell asleep drunk, or just fell asleep?

You just bored me, as usual

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Do you even know Nick Black ?

On a social interaction basis, Yes.

As a cool thinking, conniving, the Dept comes above all else, say what is necessary to give the correct public face of this Dept? No.

It was just a play on words, the word being Black extrapolating to Blacksmith to .................

Not that Nick B is black, can we say Black? He's white, not that that matters, he could be white or black would that affect his job? Maybe he's a muslim, that's OK isn't it? Jehovah?

Oh Jesus, where are we going with this, he's OK, a nice guy, I just hope that he is stronger than those immediately beneath him! ( Longworth?).

If you take the word 'Black' out of the sentence....' A black day as Nick Black blacks the blacksmith!!! ', it becomes.......

A day as Nick the  smith.....

That doesn't make sense!

I wouldn't be suprised if the Do I have failed to serve notice correctly. I note that the tenant should have been out in March but has been allowed to stay on until November. Unless that has been done very carefully the tenant could cause mischief and end up staying insitu for a bit longer.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kopek said:

If you take the word 'Black' out of the sentence....' A black day as Nick Black blacks the blacksmith!!! ', it becomes.......

A day as Nick the  smith.....

That doesn't make sense!

Indeed it doesn’t...but it does ring true as a Pink Floyd lyric.

5 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Shed loads! 

And loads of sheds.

• Haha 1

According to the news, the MER rumbles into life again this weekend too. Wonder if there's a meter somewhere ticking up the annual £ loss.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, Non-Believer said:

According to the news, the MER rumbles into life again this weekend too. Wonder if there's a meter somewhere ticking up the annual £ loss.

I think you’d have to break into Ian Longworths office to access that. 

The state of the shed repairwise is pretty dire, that is why he would not commit to a lease, they were probably going to make it a repairing one.   The way it is now they should be paying him for putting up with the condition it is in.   Why can't they just leave him alone, if the tram people use it they won't be paying rent and they will no doubt expect a complete refurb...costing more money.   Spend, spend, spend....