Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

NSC

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

My guess it's all about who pays . Client government is not paying for the plume and alterations and the manufacture is not paying as it's allegedly not there fault . Neither buging so it's in the hands of lawyers . Which as we all know can go on for years and as it's subject to legal argument nobody can step in and sort it .  God there's some incredible cock ups and wasted money  on government contracts . And then add to it failure to carry out maintenance ,laxey flooding ,grandstand bridge and radar to name three classics and they wonder why there scratching for money 

Rest assured they'll dream up ways to extract more from us to pay for the latest in a long line of cock ups!

• Like 2

When did it close? Start of the summer holidays last year? It's fucking pathetic. Anytime I go past with the nipper he wants to go swimming, he's going to grow up more cynical as me at this rate as I explain 'its the governments fault, they're useless'.

Just for once wouldn't it be nice for someone (the idiot Cregeen seems to be the mouthpiece) to just apologise and admit that they fucked it up. It's always a list of excuses, probably part based on truth, problems with suppliers, contractors, whatever, it happens, but it has been closed for more than a year for a refurbishment. Utterly utterly hopeless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

My guess it's all about who pays . Client government is not paying for the plume and alterations and the manufacture is not paying as it's allegedly not there fault . Neither buging so it's in the hands of lawyers . Which as we all know can go on for years and as it's subject to legal argument nobody can step in and sort it .  God there's some incredible cock ups and wasted money  on government contracts . And then add to it failure to carry out maintenance ,laxey flooding ,grandstand bridge and radar to name three classics and they wonder why there scratching for money 

That was sort of my point. Irrespective of who's fault it actually is the contract should (should) be structured in such a way that it can be put to one side. IOMG as client should be able to force it to move forward, even if the fault ultimately lies with them. The fact it is not being forced forward indicates either a problem with the contract, or a lack of desire to use the contract as it should have been set up. 

Kids can go swimming in the other pools, it’s retro! Like it was in the 70’s when they didn’t have slides n that :)

I usually opine that Government couldn't run a bath, in this case however its got bigger apparently it's a swimming pool!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

Kids can go swimming in the other pools, it’s retro! Like it was in the 70’s when they didn’t have slides n that :)

Yeah I know, we go to Aqua Phoenix in the defunct Cherry Orchard sometimes and he likes that, and they do school swimming at Castletown but its the NSC he thinks is the 'proper' swimming pool. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2bees said:

i suppose we should thank our lucky stars  it even holds water.

• Haha 4

If recent history in other matters is anything to go by, there probably isn't any contract.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1