• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alf Cannan , in case you haven't realised , you are the treasury minister and holding the purse strings. How about you rattle some cages and call a halt to this continued wasting of money in all the d

My 4 year old boy said he is looking forward to trying out the new slides for his 18th birthday party.

I can only describe it as pitiful ! The whole shower of sh1t wouldn't last five minutes in the real world. They operate in a world where money has no meaning because us idiots keep supplying it for th

4 hours ago, asitis said:

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/fiberglass-water-slides-prices.html

It is difficult to reconcile looking at the above just how we need an extra quarter of a million quid to purchase some slides ! I know there are countless variables but FFS !!

Especially when they've already presumably paid the same or more for the ones that don't work!

• Thanks 1

Well, I see that Tynwald today voted through the extra £227k for the NSC flumes, not without members voicing criticisms though, "A national embarrassment" (Quine) and "Govt has a poor track record in delivering capital projects on time and within budget" (Cannan - no shit, Alf?).

At the same time they voted through a further £330k+ in excess expenditure from other departments and voted heritage railways a further £642k which was apparently something to do with "timing differences" over the last two years.

During the same sitting Tim Baker announces that the Liverpool Terminal is unlikely to see completion before 2022 with cost overruns on the (current) £38M spend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Well, I see that Tynwald today voted through the extra £227k for the NSC flumes, not without members voicing criticisms though, "A national embarrassment" (Quine) and "Govt has a poor track record in delivering capital projects on time and within budget" (Cannan - no shit, Alf?).

At the same time they voted through a further £330k+ in excess expenditure from other departments and voted heritage railways a further £642k which was apparently something to do with "timing differences" over the last two years.

During the same sitting Tim Baker announces that the Liverpool Terminal is unlikely to see completion before 2022 with cost overruns on the (current) £38M spend.

I can only describe it as pitiful ! The whole shower of sh1t wouldn't last five minutes in the real world. They operate in a world where money has no meaning because us idiots keep supplying it for them to play with. This is not Government acting with the power of executive over public funds, this is Government out of control !

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

"Govt has a poor track record in delivering capital projects on time and within budget" (Cannan - no shit, Alf?).

Alf Cannan , in case you haven't realised , you are the treasury minister and holding the purse strings. How about you rattle some cages and call a halt to this continued wasting of money in all the different areas. Its a joke and as a matter of urgency Cannan and Quayle , hmmmm,  need to once and for all sort some of the departments and CEO's in charge . Starting with the most incompetant DOI ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

As soon as they get a sniff of that £68m of 'unexpected income' they are all queuing up to spend it! I really can't believe how brass necked they are, with no attempt to find a decent excuse for their incompetence! One day there will be a real good news story, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3