Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
craggy_steve

Manx Sport is Golden

Yay! The Dyslexic's won a glod and the Turettes team got a feckin silver.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yay! The Dyslexic's won a glod and the Turettes team got a feckin silver.

That’s really inappropriate - so why do my sides hurt from laughing?

• Haha 3

Is Tarne still banned here? :lol:

I honestly think it's great for someone born with an issue to be able to compete and achieve. However, part of me feels sorry for them being held to be different and becoming the butt of jokes.

The other thing that irks me is that some one who is pronounced deaf or partially sighted competes with somebody with either Downs or a serious physical disability.

Some deserve massive praise, but others don't. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The other thing that irks me is that some one who is pronounced deaf or partially sighted competes with somebody with either Downs or a serious physical disability.

:whatever: It was never going to take long was it? So of all your irrational pet hates and prejudices that you spew out on these boards night after night it’s now the deaf or partially sighted which have got on your goat this evening? They’re not really disabled enough for your liking? Is that what you’re saying? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I honestly think it's great for someone born with an issue to be able to compete and achieve. However, part of me feels sorry for them being held to be different and becoming the butt of jokes.

Unsurprisingly you are showing your ignorance here. Again. There are loads of classes in disabled sport designed to provide a degree of fairness. Examples https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/18934366

Just now, Cheesy Wheezy said:

:whatever: It was never going to take long was it? So of all your irrational pet hates and prejudices that you spew out on these boards night after night it’s now the deaf or partially sighted which have got on your goat this evening? They’re not really disabled enough for your liking? Is that what you’re saying? 

Crawl back into your cave child.

The butt of jokes...........

We make fun of our perfectly able bodied friends, should less able bodied people be treated differently? Would they even want to be treated in a special way?

Surely what everyone wants is to be treated the same as everyone else regardless of race, colour, disability, do they want to be regarded as ''disabled'' or simply as 'less abled''.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Unsurprisingly you are showing your ignorance here. Again. There are loads of classes in disabled sport designed to provide a degree of fairness. Examples https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/18934366

What about the cyclist with something like a missing finger who beat all the entrants with prosthetic limbs ?

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The butt of jokes...........

We make fun of our perfectly able bodied friends, should less able bodied people be treated differently? Would they even want to be treated in a special way?

Surely what everyone wants is to be treated the same as everyone else regardless of race, colour, disability, do they want to be regarded as ''disabled'' or simply as 'less abled''.

Did you actually mean to type that ?

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

What about the cyclist with something like a missing finger who beat all the entrants with prosthetic limbs ?

What about the man with no brain who repeatedly types angry ignorant shit into a public forum?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

There are lots of stories, some covered by the BBC. of athletes who have exaggerated their disability to gain an advantage in their chosen sport.

Dilli is on the button with this, there is no need to take the cliches response to his observations.

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TheTeapot said:

What about the man with no brain who repeatedly types angry ignorant shit into a public forum?

Piss off.

• Haha 2