Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
craggy_steve

Manx Sport is Golden

Recommended Posts

Yay! The Dyslexic's won a glod and the Turettes team got a feckin silver.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yay! The Dyslexic's won a glod and the Turettes team got a feckin silver.

That’s really inappropriate - so why do my sides hurt from laughing?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Tarne still banned here? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think it's great for someone born with an issue to be able to compete and achieve. However, part of me feels sorry for them being held to be different and becoming the butt of jokes.

The other thing that irks me is that some one who is pronounced deaf or partially sighted competes with somebody with either Downs or a serious physical disability.

Some deserve massive praise, but others don't. Just my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The other thing that irks me is that some one who is pronounced deaf or partially sighted competes with somebody with either Downs or a serious physical disability.

Some deserve massive praise, but others don't. Just my opinion.

:whatever: It was never going to take long was it? So of all your irrational pet hates and prejudices that you spew out on these boards night after night it’s now the deaf or partially sighted which have got on your goat this evening? They’re not really disabled enough for your liking? Is that what you’re saying? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I honestly think it's great for someone born with an issue to be able to compete and achieve. However, part of me feels sorry for them being held to be different and becoming the butt of jokes.

The other thing that irks me is that some one who is pronounced deaf or partially sighted competes with somebody with either Downs or a serious physical disability.

Some deserve massive praise, but others don't. Just my opinion.

Unsurprisingly you are showing your ignorance here. Again. There are loads of classes in disabled sport designed to provide a degree of fairness. Examples https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/18934366

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheesy Wheezy said:

:whatever: It was never going to take long was it? So of all your irrational pet hates and prejudices that you spew out on these boards night after night it’s now the deaf or partially sighted which have got on your goat this evening? They’re not really disabled enough for your liking? Is that what you’re saying? 

Crawl back into your cave child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The butt of jokes...........

We make fun of our perfectly able bodied friends, should less able bodied people be treated differently? Would they even want to be treated in a special way?

Surely what everyone wants is to be treated the same as everyone else regardless of race, colour, disability, do they want to be regarded as ''disabled'' or simply as 'less abled''.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Unsurprisingly you are showing your ignorance here. Again. There are loads of classes in disabled sport designed to provide a degree of fairness. Examples https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/18934366

What about the cyclist with something like a missing finger who beat all the entrants with prosthetic limbs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The butt of jokes...........

We make fun of our perfectly able bodied friends, should less able bodied people be treated differently? Would they even want to be treated in a special way?

Surely what everyone wants is to be treated the same as everyone else regardless of race, colour, disability, do they want to be regarded as ''disabled'' or simply as 'less abled''.

Did you actually mean to type that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

What about the cyclist with something like a missing finger who beat all the entrants with prosthetic limbs ?

What about the man with no brain who repeatedly types angry ignorant shit into a public forum?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There are lots of stories, some covered by the BBC. of athletes who have exaggerated their disability to gain an advantage in their chosen sport.

Dilli is on the button with this, there is no need to take the cliches response to his observations.

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTeapot said:

What about the man with no brain who repeatedly types angry ignorant shit into a public forum?

Piss off.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...