Manx Sport is Golden

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Piss off. 

Well, perhaps not!!!:ermm:

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Well, perhaps not!!!:ermm:

Looks like rain again.

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What about the cyclist with something like a missing finger who beat all the entrants with prosthetic limbs ?

What’s your view on midgets? They’ve got all their limbs and faculties but they just look at bit short andfunny. Do you have an irrational prejudice about their ability to compete too? Maybe they should be made to tie one arm behind their backs to level the playing field out? ;)

.....and when Poo Sticks become an Olympic Sport, which they probably will, it will be played on an even field by all participants.

1 minute ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

What’s your view on midgets? They’ve got all their limbs and faculties but they just look at bit short andfunny. Do you have an irrational prejudice about their ability to compete too? Maybe they should be made to tie one arm behind their backs to level the playing field out? ;)

Well for a start I would never call them "midgets". That is cruel and childish.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

How very dare you suggest that Midgets should be used to 'Roll ' out the playing field!!!!

What would Wimbleton look like with 1 meter stripes!!!

Edited by Kopek

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

How very dare you suggest that Midgets should be used to 'Roll ' out the playing field!!!!

:o:o

16 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yay! The Dyslexic's won a glod and the Turettes team got a feckin silver.

I could certainly win a Tourettes medal, must look into this!

41 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I know a few people who would get medals at Tourette's..

fuck off

On 3/19/2019 at 9:43 PM, Kopek said:

The butt of jokes...........

We make fun of our perfectly able bodied friends, should less able bodied people be treated differently? Would they even want to be treated in a special way?

Surely what everyone wants is to be treated the same as everyone else regardless of race, colour, disability, do they want to be regarded as ''disabled'' or simply as 'less abled''.

I think they'd want to be treated as special, I only say this because it says it's the special Olympics. Thing is, should it be called the special Olympics, for two reasons I don't think it should, firstly, when any of mates fuck up we all refer to that person as special, secondly, if say someone with Down's Syndrome does the 100m in say 35 seconds, I really don't think that's special, special is Usain Bolt doing it in well under 10 seconds.

Special is giving everyone the chance to take part, the chance to join in and celebrating that participation whether they take 10, 20, 30, 50 or more seconds, depending on their ability.

Special is seeing the pure joy on their faces by taking part, getting a medal, being celebrated.

Special isn’t patronising, it’s about everyone being the best they can be. Quite a simple concept really. Some of you should be ashamed of your attitudes, and hateful words.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 9:47 PM, dilligaf said:

Piss off.

He was referring to himself...

If there was an olympic event of being offended we'd certainly have some gold medalists here.

• Like 1