Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
The Duck of Atholl

Dangermouse VED avoidance

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Last paying for a licence and proving it had been used on public roads without a licence are very different.

He must be the unluckiest man on the planet, being stopped by police on the first and only occasion he had driven his car since 2014.

Bloody lucky it even started!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

He must be the unluckiest man on the planet, being stopped by police on the first and only occasion he had driven his car since 2014.

Bloody lucky it even started!

He must have one of those solar trickle chargers to keep the battery good for 4 years without ever using the car! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the balance of probabilities, the chances of him waking up one day after 4 or 5 years of taking the bus everywhere, deciding to take the car out and thinking, "Wait, I'd better knock up a quick forgery of a tax disc first!", and then getting stopped mere minutes later, must be fairly astronomical.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

On the balance of probabilities, the chances of him waking up one day after 4 or 5 years of taking the bus everywhere, deciding to take the car out and thinking, "Wait, I'd better knock up a quick forgery of a tax disc first!", and then getting stopped mere minutes later, must be fairly astronomical.

But he works for Government and is a really good bloke! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the assumption of SORN that unless you explicitly state off road then you are assumed to have it on a road and thus need insurance - rather like if you forget to tap in or out with a London Oyster card you are charged to the longest possible journey even tho you may have gone just a single stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Frances said:

yes true - but maybe soon?

Doubt it, they want you to have the bugger taxed at all times hence no 6 month disc for motorbikes and  motorhomes etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, finlo said:

Doubt it, they want you to have the bugger taxed at all times hence no 6 month disc for motorbikes and  motorhomes etc.

get an agricultural vehicle,  they can be untaxed for years and don't need a trip to the test centre for what passes as an MOT to be able to tax them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WTF said:

get an agricultural vehicle,  they can be untaxed for years and don't need a trip to the test centre for what passes as an MOT to be able to tax them again.

Good idea but i may have a problem getting a plough in the underground car park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He was charged with a series of offences taking place on one day, for which there was evidence, and has paid the going rate for those. He can’t be sentenced for offences with which he wasn’t charged and for which there was no evidence.

Did he not get charged for forging a tax disc, I cut a few corners every now and again and have had a vehicle untaxed but off the road, I never thought to create a forged tax disc as it was not needed. Makes you wonder why you would deliberately forge a tax disc if you had no intent of driving it untaxed and uninsured. Give it a few months and see if some bloke from Pully does the same and we will have the measure of Manx justice. Mind you a few years ago there was some multi-million vat fraud in hill street and the directors of that company have never even been tried, seems justice is selective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, finlo said:

Doubt it, they want you to have the bugger taxed at all times hence no 6 month disc for motorbikes and  motorhomes etc.

Why should there be.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Good idea but i may have a problem getting a plough in the underground car park

No problem, if it can fit your fat head, a plough should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Why should there be.?

Because lot's of these things never move for months at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...