24 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

The GNU makes us pay for everything but gives us no say in how they are run

It's a massive joke!

wildlife Gnu south africa Stock Photo - 2614087

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Chris Robertshaw MHK uses the Steam Packet debate to illustrate how nobody offered any dissent etc. I’m beginning to find some of Facebook MHK warriors who make a post as to why they voted this way. They are trying to justify their actions to their electorate, which in all fairness could be seen as a cop out. Nobody is prepared to offer any debate or vote against. Love him or Loathe him, at least Peter Karran wasn’t afraid of dissent or voting against, and sometimes whatever his faults, and there were many, he was and will be proved right. I’m finding the newbie MLCs totally pathetic in all honesty, again afraid to show any mettle, little to no backbone, let alone integrity. 

Ray Harmer has gone on the IOMG Propaganda Mouthpiece to say its wrong to give in to lobbying - regarding freight charges the supermarkets and food importers pay. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/wrong-to-allow-lobbying-to-change-freight-charges/

It’s funny though some MHKs or MLCs are shit scared of some Facebook sites, so change their opinions to suit certain individuals. And in some cases certainly amongst MLCs who did nowt but take the ministerial shilling as an MHK, have now developed a reforming zeal. 

Edited by 2112

The new MLCs were never going to be more than the mere window dressing that they've turned out to be. It was just Tynwald pretending that they'd moved into the 21st century.

Robertshaw's right of course but Tynwald has never been about anything other than doing as you're told and nodding along to whatever's put in front of you. That's why Robertshaw's sitting on the backbenches and not in government. I'm no fan but he's far too smart and too awkward to be allowed near any real decisions. Tynwald's always been mostly numpties with an entertainer or two and the odd exotic like Boot. They don't even know what's really going on. All nicely controlled and very much in the pocket of the top civil servants and the big Manx movers and shakers. There's rarely any dissent, and never a parliamentary crisis, because there's no real conflict or serious debate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

The GNU makes us pay for everything but gives us no say in how they are run

It's a massive joke!

Joke like being a spam boy?

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Robertshaw MHK has come out and called his colleagues for being too compliant - well that what you get when backbench MHKs are effectively bribed with £10K. Opposition? Banana Republic?  

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/politicians-too-compliant-says-douglas-mhk/

Robertshaw thinks that anyone who doesn't agree with him is flawed in some way - i.e. everyone else in Tynwald.

Robertshaw appears to have a particular interest in shipping, but never mentions Mark, his son, who works in my sector.  Is that a conflict of interest?

4 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

He has plenty of experience of this himself.

Which part of his CV shows shipping experience?

19 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Which part of his CV shows shipping experience?

I was talking about "being too compliant".

53 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Robertshaw is correct

I do believe I said that 5 hours ago in the second post of this thread.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I do believe I said that 5 hours ago in the second post of this thread.

Well done for proactively sharing my opinion before I formed it, 

give me a high five mate

come on ...don’t leave me hanging!