Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Derek Flint

Manx Telecom Charges

15 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The missus and I are both sim only pay monthly with Three.they are spot on, and we’ve had no issues. Only on 4gb contracts but then again I’ve only used 132mb this month, including WhatsApp calls which has all but replaced proper calls for us set to set. We pop up in the UK every few months too and I think that helps. But as I say, no issues

You can't beat keeping it local eh ? Are you just tight ?

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Just read the T & C  part. it is not rocket science FSS.You don't top up for life, you top up for the clearly stated period.

I know that. I had mistakenly made the assumption that a call from a MT mobile to MT landline would have been included in the bundle.

my bad, just seems bloody odd

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I know that. I had mistakenly made the assumption that a call from a MT mobile to MT landline would have been included in the bundle.

my bad, just seems bloody odd

small print gets some people every time.

Before you went PAYG phoning your landline from your mobile would have been free as part of Groups Call Free as long as both numbers were on the same bill. Perhaps this is why you hadn't noticed this in the past when phoning home.

Posted (edited)

PAYG is normally aimed at the poorer end of the market, pensioners or kids. Therefore fair game to be ripped off, in Mt eyes. you and the wife are just collaterals del boy.

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, dilligaf said:

You can't beat keeping it local eh ? Are you just tight ?

I do agree that supporting local business is always good; hence why I am telecom. But having looked at Three this week on the back of Derek's comments, I'm paying some almighty premium right now by doing so... simply to recieve less. 

There's a point where supporting local becomes stupidity... to the point we're being punished for living here! I'm happy to pay extra for a good, local service... but paying so much more for so much less is quite painful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Kitten Mittens said:

I do agree that supporting local business is always good; hence why I am telecom. But having looked at Three this week on the back of Derek's comments, I'm paying some almighty premium right now by doing so... simply to recieve less. 

There's a point where supporting local becomes stupidity... to the point we're being punished for living here! I'm happy to pay extra for a good, local service... but paying so much more for so much less is quite painful!

I must stress Dilli, I forgot to say that do respect and applaud you for always supporting local... There is just a time that it becomes too rich for me, usually when paying more results is a poorer sevice!

• Like 1