new test centre?

doc.fixit

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Have you ever tried to book in for a service? Not worth the hassle the strange up-sell and customer service process you have to go through. Anywhere else just goes yes we can service your car. Here’s a date. Drop your car in! Not those clowns you have to see at least two people and waste at least 45 mins talking about shite. 

Never even visited the place. I use a local reputable service depot to service my vehicle.

• Thanks 1

Have you ever tried to book in for a service? Not worth the hassle the strange up-sell and customer service process you have to go through. Anywhere else just goes yes we can service your car. Here’s a date. Drop your car in! Not those clowns you have to see at least two people and waste at least 45 mins talking about shite. 

Unfortunately they have ruined the motor trade on the island. So many good people with years of experience have left them. They seem to be hiring all sorts of people who have absolutely no idea about anything except how to bullshit and lie. They have some of the worst car dealer stereotypes from the UK in there too!  When they finally go, there will be nobody left to pick up all those brands who will have the experience to make them work. 

To be honest I don't wish them any harm, I just wish they would sort themselves out. There are new rumours every week, some are true, some not. One is their "Additional IoM delivery charge" of c.£1000 on every new vehicle! All manufacturers pay for delivery to the dealer, the island included, there is only a charge made for PDI, plates and preparation of c.£400 on the manufacturers price list. If they manage to sell 1,000 new cars in a year, which they should do easily, that would give them £1,000,000 of profit for doing nothing! 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Gotta love a Jacksons closing rumour. They've been going longer than Tynwald has. 

Over a thousand years? remarkable as Jacksons only opened their doors in the last few years... :whistling:

• Haha 1

You mean VAT? Which they allegedly forgot applied in the IOM. 

I heard that one too, they shipped in a load of cars from Jersey and the transport, testing, refurb and VAT costs killed them dead.

No, it's a fictitious delivery charge added to every new vehicle apparently. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Booked online.  Couple of clicks and it was done.  They phoned me a couple of days before too to remind/confirm and checked I still needed the loan car.

Never liked big companies and prefer the personal interaction of small businesses where customers are made to feel welcome and given good service. 

I went into Jacksons once regards some advice on a car and with the place appearing empty of customers, I saw three employees looking my way from their computers/view screens and another two walking towards me. It actually felt uncomfortable and so I left quickly. 

I believe that a large auto dealer in Foxdale buys a lot of vehicles from UK car auctions and I don't have a problem with that, so long as they service them well. This might be the same for other dealers in buying vehicles from across and I would gather that the vehicles would be less than 3 years old so they do not require testing?

42 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Booked online.  Couple of clicks and it was done.  They phoned me a couple of days before too to remind/confirm and checked I still needed the loan car.

They need to advertise that more then as its torturous dealing with the idiot process of going in there and trying to get things booked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

They need to advertise that more then as its torturous dealing with the idiot process of going in there and trying to get things booked. 

I was sent an email reminder for 12 months after my last service (with Buchanan) - the link to click was there.