Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  

April Fools 2019

Posted (edited)

A belter has appeared on the 3fm news website.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/new-manx-customs-border-to-save-brexit/

I wonder if any our Politicos, you know the ones who scour the local news and Facebook groups. Someone must have wetted themselves and ‘pooed’ themselves in a state of delirium. 

Heres is the Government April Fools as put on it Propaganda Mouthpiece.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bananas-astonish-milntown-gardeners/

Mind you Bananas and IOMG are a good combination.

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 1

That’s the same Charles Guard who’s on both the board of Manx Radio and Milntown. More free advertising.

The Isle of Man has to be one of the hardest places to spot an April Fools story.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Interesting sums of money mentioned there. Where do these guys get their figures from?

These jokes take some imagination though.

The best one I ever heard was that the Isle of Man was receiving £200 million per year extra in overpayment of  VAT from the Common Purse. 

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

That’s the same Charles Guard who’s on both the board of Manx Radio and Milntown. More free advertising.

Really - how bitter are you?

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m sure it’s not the first time Charles Guard has handled a funny shaped banana! 

Childish remark again

Did the whole class laugh at that ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

The Isle of Man has to be one of the hardest places to spot an April Fools story.

Oh it's very easy.  It's just difficult to spot the few that are intentional.  The DoI is probably already drawing up even more extensive harbour expansion plans on the basis of the 3FM report and finding out it's a hoax won't hold them back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Childish remark again

Did the whole class laugh at that ?

They did as they seem to have a sense of humour. Unlike most regular posters on here. 

Local winner

Sponsored by ourisland.im

incompscreenshot-twitter.com-2019-04-01-13-42-27-716.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Dilligafs sense of humour is stuck in 1947

Not at all

I can laugh at most things

However mocking a very decent man who has done more for the island than anyone is not funny especially as the remark was so infantile

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I can laugh at most things

However mocking a very decent man who has done more for the island than anyone is not funny especially as the remark was so infantile

Could you perhaps publish a list of rules concerning forum subjects you do and don’t find acceptable as is seems that anyone posting anything you don’t personally agree with then just gets constantly slagged off. Better still. You could set up your own forum and publish your own Terms and Conditions and then everyone could just say things that you personally agree with all day and you could police the whole thing to keep it on message. It’s April Fools Day, I’m sure people don’t want to hear your constant whinging about April Fool jokes that you don’t like either :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1