Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manxman34

School bus fares increase

19 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Making ‘savings’ for the nice new buses they bought. 

That department is out of control.

Indeed; it is as out of control as the Electric Tram was when hurtling from Snaefell to Laxey at over 40mph for 1400yrds, and a very well done to the crew who managed to avert  what could have been an absolute disaster! The Director of this very same department reportedly claimed the distance was only 200m and tried to apportion blame onto the motorman; fortunately, HSWI found enough evidence to contradict Longworth and Black. The DoI was fined £18k last December for 5 breaches of H&S regulations; perhaps the fare increases are going towards paying the fine?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47626&headline=Politicians to get a 32% allowance rise for visits to London&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

Todays belter courtesy of the IOM newspaper. 

Seems like our Politicos are getting plenty of money to go on the ‘piss’ and scoff the foods they can’t get anywhere else. There are one or two Politicos that do like their expenses and like to detail how it’s spent!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

how will declan cope with the increased fare.........

:lol:

Edited by woody2

57 minutes ago, woody2 said:

how will declan cope with the increased fair.........

By going on the ferris wheel ? by knocking some coconuts over?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=47626&headline=Politicians to get a 32% allowance rise for visits to London&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

Todays belter courtesy of the IOM newspaper. 

Seems like our Politicos are getting plenty of money to go on the ‘piss’ and scoff the foods they can’t get anywhere else. There are one or two Politicos that do like their expenses and like to detail how it’s spent!

Why can't they use some of the £7k expenses they already claim?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Why can't they use some of the £7k expenses they already claim?

I can see some of our glorious Politicos fighting for that place on the fact finding trip to some far flung destination, or a Commonwealth Parliamentary Association jolly. Or a place on IOM delegation to Westminster so we can add our pennerths worth to Brexit. Our Politicos will be able to afford a better quality nosebag now!

• Like 3

The gravy continues to pour from the jug !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, asitis said:

The gravy continues to pour from the jug !

Jug?? more a feckin keg now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jug or keg, it can only hold so much.

But then again, when it's continually being topped up by Joe Gullible Taxpayer being squeezed for ever-more inventive stealth taxes, who cares?

As an example, I see again on iomtoday that there's further news on Mr Harmer's proposed emissions testing regime to end our 0.000016% contribution to global pollution.

Wonder what they'll do when 20% of the Island's vehicles duly fail and the owners scrap them on repair cost grounds and accordingly don't renew their car duty? Hike taxes on electrics? Tax pushbikes?

32 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Jug or keg, it can only hold so much.

But then again, when it's continually being topped up by Joe Gullible Taxpayer being squeezed for ever-more inventive stealth taxes, who cares?

As an example, I see again on iomtoday that there's further news on Mr Harmer's proposed emissions testing regime to end our 0.000016% contribution to global pollution.

Wonder what they'll do when 20% of the Island's vehicles duly fail and the owners scrap them on repair cost grounds and accordingly don't renew their car duty? Hike taxes on electrics? Tax pushbikes?

Time and time they just take the piss. There was a rumour circuiating that they were asked to make cost savings and couldn’t so they just passed the costs on to the parents of school kids instead. More government “savings” which are not savings in any sense at all. Just pass the costs on to people who are less wealthy than the people who actually work for government who are stupid enough to be milked for all of this. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, woody2 said:

how will declan cope with the increased fare.........

It doesn’t affect me. Other than that less of my taxes and bus fares will be going to subside school transport. But I don’t really mind my taxes being spent on that, it being one of my responsibilities as an adult to contribute to the cost of educating  children.