Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

This Promenade works is quite something. Not content with closing down most of the Promenade and screwing up livelihoods, which have been decimated even more due to Coronavirus. The DOIdiots are closing Broadway up to Derby Road for 5 months. I feel sorry for the businesses, restaurants and takeaways. The Mannin Hotel must be in despair, head in hands. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/broadway-to-shut-for-five-months/

Yes access is granted to properties but a diversion to get to other area of Broadway and Victoria Road. Wasn’t Broadway dug up not so long ago? Or is it a permanent DOIdiots job creation scheme?

How will the Mannin be in despair?  It caused more than enough road chaos and inconvenience to build it (which is where you probably think it was dug up before).   You can still access the hotel.  You might have to walk fifty yards.  Hardly life changing.

The restaurants on Broadway are mainly busy through bookings rather than walk ins.  Home Run pizza are mainly delivery.

Its three and a half months too:rolleyes:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've explained this before Derek. From a friend working for a firm who is responsible for lots of services  , not Auldyn etc , while they had a concept plan from day one ie what the finished job would

It's not Harmer's direct fault. Nor any of those we elect. APART from not having the departmental and relevant experience and balls to stand up to and question the reams of bullshitters and chanc

But the problem isn't the horse trams.  It's the corporate culture of the Manx civil service.  Rather than accept the reality of what their main job is, which is maintain existing structures in the mo

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How will the Mannin be in despair?  It caused more than enough road chaos and inconvenience to build it (which is where you probably think it was dug up before).   You can still access the hotel.  You might have to walk fifty yards.  Hardly life changing.

The restaurants on Broadway are mainly busy through bookings rather than walk ins.  Home Run pizza are mainly delivery.

Its three and a half months too:rolleyes:

walk 50 yards... are you mad?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So has anyone kept a tally on the cost of the 'prom fiasco to date?  And apart from that idiot Gawne (how he ever got away with what he has defeats me) who are the principle incompetent fools to blame for it?  From the strangely absent voids that were claimed to be an urgent problem that justified this monumental clusterfuck to the horrendous waste of money that the stupid horsetrams have caused and everything in-between.

It's not only Denmark that has something rotten about it.

 

Edited by Rog
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rog said:

So has anyone kept a tally on the cost of the 'prom fiasco to date?  And apart from that idiot Gawne (how he ever got away with what he has defeats me) who are the principle incompetent fools to blame for it?  From the strangely absent voids that were claimed to be an urgent problem that justified this monumental clusterfuck to the horrendous waste of money that the stupid horsetrams have caused and everything in-between.

It's not only Denmark that has something rotten about it.

 

The only voids on the Prom scheme belong in DOI management heads . We all knew it would be a disaster and enough warned but honestly , did anyone really think it would be this bad. I've been super critical but its even astounded me . Let them at the Deep water berth at your peril . Meanwhile the state of the general roads deteriorate daily , no sign of Richmond Hill being sorted and I've given up with the Radar ... Its only money , tax payers money !!  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How will the Mannin be in despair?  It caused more than enough road chaos and inconvenience to build it (which is where you probably think it was dug up before).   You can still access the hotel.  You might have to walk fifty yards.  Hardly life changing.

The restaurants on Broadway are mainly busy through bookings rather than walk ins.  Home Run pizza are mainly delivery.

Its three and a half months too:rolleyes:

They actually said possibly three and a half months or until completion of the prom!

Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on the new prom seawall is that it was already purchased when it first raised its ugly head many moons ago. They just gave the impression that public demand to scrap it was showing that democracy was alive and kicking in the island. Now it is ready for delivery baron boot gives it the nod through to safe guard life and limb and cure all the proms problems. Is it like a lego brick so when the stones reach the top they can just add another 1.2 metres

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How will the Mannin be in despair?  It caused more than enough road chaos and inconvenience to build it (which is where you probably think it was dug up before).   You can still access the hotel.  You might have to walk fifty yards.  Hardly life changing.

The restaurants on Broadway are mainly busy through bookings rather than walk ins.  Home Run pizza are mainly delivery.

Its three and a half months too:rolleyes:

Quite correct. Classy would have been a small advertisement in the local papers thanking Douglas residents for their patience over the long years of disruption. No such acknowledgement was forthcoming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Now we can look forward to these clowns digging the prom up again next year to put the fecking nag tram lines in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Now we can look forward to these clowns digging the prom up again next year to put the fecking nag tram lines in.

...and the fibre optics in, the year after.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watling Streetworks must be absolutely creaming it in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • slinkydevil changed the title to Promenade - Megathread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...