Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have one every 60 yards along the prom...."£1m", "£2m"...."£35m"

These are just the base plinths going in. You can all mock now, but when you see Howard and David's hands in place with 100 foot vaccination needles crossing the prom, that's when you'll be impressed.

I've explained this before Derek. From a friend working for a firm who is responsible for lots of services  , not Auldyn etc , while they had a concept plan from day one ie what the finished job would

Posted Images

I see they're kicking off now about DBC not replacing the promenade "necklace" festoon lighting as and when the prom ever progresses enough to allow it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I see they're kicking off now about DBC not replacing the promenade "necklace" festoon lighting as and when the prom ever progresses enough to allow it.

Yes the Douglas festoon baubles. Or Cllr Christians Pearl Necklace as they have recently been referred to.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

If only. Too tall and they are, in true DoI planning style, set a couple of inches into the pavement. Just can not for the life of me work out what they're for.

Something to hang onto pissed while making your way from Jaks to the Lido?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

For the charging points, the planning application is 2000952B, and is the Pod Point Twin from pod-point.com.

But a hand-written note on the planning application states that they want white columns, not black.

 

So are all those drivers of petrol or diesel propelled cars paying for this load of shitty charging points for subsidised so called green cars to use. What price is green ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

So are all those drivers of petrol or diesel propelled cars paying for this load of shitty charging points for subsidised so called green cars to use. What price is green ?

Well, I am old and obviously a bit slow on the uptake, but can someone explain to me how an electric car that is running on electricity that is generated by  burning natural gas can be considered to be carbon-free? ( Not to mention any conversion losses along the way, battery manufacturing, battery disposal, and other stuff...)

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

Well, I am old and obviously a bit slow on the uptake, but can someone explain to me how an electric car that is running on electricity that is generated by  burning natural gas can be considered to be carbon-free? ( Not to mention any conversion losses along the way, battery manufacturing, battery disposal, and other stuff...)

Well said

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Well, I am old and obviously a bit slow on the uptake, but can someone explain to me how an electric car that is running on electricity that is generated by  burning natural gas can be considered to be carbon-free? ( Not to mention any conversion losses along the way, battery manufacturing, battery disposal, and other stuff...)

You won't be lauging when I pass you in my battery powered car driven by a forward wind generator. (maybe a chuckle though)

article-0-12AA3686000005DC-915_638x374.j

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dilligaf said:

So are all those drivers of petrol or diesel propelled cars paying for this load of shitty charging points for subsidised so called green cars to use. What price is green ?

 

14 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Well, I am old and obviously a bit slow on the uptake, but can someone explain to me how an electric car that is running on electricity that is generated by  burning natural gas can be considered to be carbon-free? ( Not to mention any conversion losses along the way, battery manufacturing, battery disposal, and other stuff...)

Like many things, mentioning reality to anyone in IoM Government doesn't meet with their long discussed agenda, they refuse to discuss it. They are always right, we are Plebs and know nothing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Like many things, mentioning reality to anyone in IoM Government doesn't meet with their long discussed agenda, they refuse to discuss it. They are always right, we are Plebs and know nothing. 

The politicians are rushing headlong into making everything electric, in spite of (according to the last data I saw) the IoM having the most expensive electricity in Europe, bar Guernsey.

While he was chairman of the MUA, Allinson's contribution to reducing the cost of electricity was to stick another £20 million on the debt, so that everyone could get a brand new electricity meter.

Maybe the intention is to make car usage too expensive for the less well-off, so they have to use the gold-plated buses - or the modern trams running on the prom.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...