Promenade - Megathread

16 hours ago, finlo said:

Along with the two uk reg campers overnighting at the picnic area just below Guthries!

We are getting insular aren't we? We'd better keep an eye on the number of fingers and toes on them thar newborns over the next twelve months ;)  

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've explained this before Derek. From a friend working for a firm who is responsible for lots of services  , not Auldyn etc , while they had a concept plan from day one ie what the finished job would

It's not Harmer's direct fault. Nor any of those we elect. APART from not having the departmental and relevant experience and balls to stand up to and question the reams of bullshitters and chanc

But the problem isn't the horse trams.  It's the corporate culture of the Manx civil service.  Rather than accept the reality of what their main job is, which is maintain existing structures in the mo

Posted Images

16 hours ago, finlo said:

Along with the two uk reg campers overnighting at the picnic area just below Guthries!

Why not knock on their camper door and ask where they are from?

4 hours ago, WTF said:

plenty of locals that couldn't go on holiday are spending on other things,  campers and furniture seem to be favourite,.  

Mike's motors in Castletown has never been so busy...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Had a sleet around there a couple of times. Some imports still on U.K. plates. 

He may just be hiring a few out. Lots of people staycation camping. Never been a better time to rent out motorhomes

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

I’ve been tempted myself. It’s an itch that needs scratching 

Depending on how clean the bedding is, you may get your wish...

• Haha 2

Just driven along the prom in glorious sunshine at 11.30...

Counted 50 guys in high vis...

Approx 30 actually working and not just talking and pointing...

Colour me surprised, at this rate we might finish in 2025!

1 minute ago, Maire said:

Just driven along the prom in glorious sunshine at 11.30...

Counted 50 guys in high vis...

Approx 30 actually working and not just talking and pointing...

Colour me surprised, at this rate we might finish in 2025!

I walked the Prom on Monday, and again today, both times around 9.45 to 10.15. Hardly anyone working. About 30 of the 'orange army' in Cafe Villa, both times. OK, they may be entitled to a break, but you'd think management would ask them to stagger it, so the place doesn't look deserted. The contractors definitely don't seem to have any awareness of how they are perceived, by the public.

The laying of the new main on the land side seems to be progressing, but otherwise, a few rails bolted down, by the Empress, was the only obvious progress, in four days.

After next Thursday, (1st October) they have 26 weeks (less Xmas) to finish.  It looks like a huge ask.

• Like 1