Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

Unbelievable, seems major problems between DOI changing spec and Auldyn not wort with any urgency.

the comments, 
Mr O’Mahony reported no success in sourcing a kerbing gang from the UK but he had succeeding in recruiting a block-paving squad.

When they find out other workers have been jailed for minor transgressions no one will want to come here to work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Madness.

But have you seen the last paragraph about it being unclear whether the new stamp issue will feature Heras fencing, cones and pissed off business owners...? :lol: :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Harmer must be laughing that he passed this major muck up into Tim Baker, most of the blame is Harmers as he had been in charge and will see him defeated at next election 

Those two are just mouthpiece puppets at the end of the day - yes, one or both may get the bullet over this (unless they're working miracles for their respective constituencies), but they're not the ones to blame.

That lies with others who would be more gainfully and economically employed picking litter in the street.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Unbelievable, seems major problems between DOI changing spec and Auldyn not wort with any urgency.

the comments, 
Mr O’Mahony reported no success in sourcing a kerbing gang from the UK but he had succeeding in recruiting a block-paving squad.

When they find out other workers have been jailed for minor transgressions no one will want to come here to work

The collective nouns are interesting. Why a kerbing "gang" but a block-paving "squad"; and does this mean the DOI are a clusterfuck "crew"?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Haha, that was OBVIOUS from the photos. There are rules about that kind of thing, it is no surprise that this has been flagged up. There is no way that gas main was deep enough, its really simple stuff.

119564462_2688507641395426_554704396367492085_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ug4CEOUW6u8AX8waDx2&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom1-1.fna&oh=bb0bbe4f463010c4945dee959324f040&oe=5F9BB701

This picture just about breaks every rule for service laying. Supposed to be in different trenches and different depths . Electric running over the top of Gas and water also directly laying on Gas is just so wrong and dangerous .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

This picture just about breaks every rule for service laying. Supposed to be in different trenches and different depths . Electric running over the top of Gas and water also directly laying on Gas is just so wrong and dangerous .

So what happens next?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

This picture just about breaks every rule for service laying. Supposed to be in different trenches and different depths . Electric running over the top of Gas and water also directly laying on Gas is just so wrong and dangerous .

Rules or guides/best practice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

This picture just about breaks every rule for service laying. Supposed to be in different trenches and different depths . Electric running over the top of Gas and water also directly laying on Gas is just so wrong and dangerous .

 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

So what happens next?

giphy.gif

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Rules or guides/best practice?

Rules , minimum .

When water supply pipe is to be laid near to other utilities supplies such as gas or electricity, it should be a minimum of 350mm away.

Gas 

Depth (minimum)

Min Depth.    750mm

Max Depth.    1350mm

Min Gap Other Services.  350mm

Trench Width.   250 mm plus pipe diameter 

 

Electric supply in roads 

700mm to 1000mm deep 

on that picture yellow is Gas , Blue water and the other black cables are Electric 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Rules , minimum .

When water supply pipe is to be laid near to other utilities supplies such as gas or electricity, it should be a minimum of 350mm away.

Gas 

Depth (minimum)

Min Depth.    750mm

Max Depth.    1350mm

Min Gap Other Services.  350mm

Trench Width.   250 mm plus pipe diameter 

 

Electric supply in roads 

700mm to 1000mm deep 

on that picture yellow is Gas , Blue water and the other black cables are Electric 

 

That only applies when you're laying them, they however can throw them in any way they wish.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...