Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've explained this before Derek. From a friend working for a firm who is responsible for lots of services  , not Auldyn etc , while they had a concept plan from day one ie what the finished job would

It's not Harmer's direct fault. Nor any of those we elect. APART from not having the departmental and relevant experience and balls to stand up to and question the reams of bullshitters and chanc

But the problem isn't the horse trams.  It's the corporate culture of the Manx civil service.  Rather than accept the reality of what their main job is, which is maintain existing structures in the mo

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Banker said:

It's been obvious for weeks that this was coming. It still looks like Beirut down there.

Church Road, which is due to re-open in around a month, (mid-November on the MyProm website) will surely be next.

These accumulated delays must surely push back the much-vaunted 1st April target.

Even as we speak Black and Robinson will be cooking up the humble pie which Baker will be eating, next week. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There'll be nothing humble about it....they've got excuses printed on a bog roll. The last one is the uncovering of a Neolithic graveyard for ritual sacrifice that will take at least 5 years to excavate and map.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It's been obvious for weeks that this was coming. It still looks like Beirut down there.

Church Road, which is due to re-open in around a month, (mid-November on the MyProm website) will surely be next.

These accumulated delays must surely push back the much-vaunted 1st April target.

Even as we speak Black and Robinson will be cooking up the humble pie which Baker will be eating, next week. 

 

 

 

but they're still within budget...aren't they?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

but they're still within budget...aren't they?

They have already gone to Tynwald for 750k I think just to get up to April 1st and thats not including the approx 1 million for the lights etc for horsetrams at the Sefton which they forgot to incude in original budget . 

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

They have already gone to Tynwald for 750k I think just to get up to April 1st and thats not including the approx 1 million for the lights etc for horsetrams at the Sefton which they forgot to incude in original budget . 

Have they got enough in the budget for the inevitable big pay offs next year when they need a few heads?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banker said:

Have they got enough in the budget for the inevitable big pay offs next year when they need a few heads?

They will , as far as I can make out , have to go back again to Tynwald for any works not finished by April and to be continued in September 2021 . Nick Black is already on record saying those works are going to involve extra costs but when speaking he wouldnt commit  to how much. My guess is it has to be well into 30 million plus . I'm being kind ! More like 35 ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to post
Share on other sites

People will say remember when we had an elegant looking Victorian built, beautiful sweeping bay. And then we end up with this piece of shite that them pricks in governance thought would be there opus. Instead we get this miss match of shite including the shared space scheme that will inevitably lead to people being injured through traffic or undefined walkway areas. and after being dug umpteen times will look nowt like the pretty pictures with little stretch limo's and stick people.

I would hope but doubt they will hang there heads in shame due to being part of it.

Oh land of my birth  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...