Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have one every 60 yards along the prom...."£1m", "£2m"...."£35m"

These are just the base plinths going in. You can all mock now, but when you see Howard and David's hands in place with 100 foot vaccination needles crossing the prom, that's when you'll be impressed.

I've explained this before Derek. From a friend working for a firm who is responsible for lots of services  , not Auldyn etc , while they had a concept plan from day one ie what the finished job would

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Maybe they're going to redo the surface chippings which failed last time because they got put down when it was too cold.

So let’s try again in the middle of a cold spell!!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prom works to be extended to enable the painting of street art,

‘The artwork has been used in the UK to display historical and maritime themes and has been welcomed by locals and visitors’.

’We will of course, include Manx themes within it.  Random paintings of Road Closed Signs, Pot holes, Manx Cats, Dog Shit, Pavement Pizzas and piles of cash waiting to be spent’.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-55557842

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:53 AM, x-in-man said:

 

’We will of course, include Manx themes within it.  Random paintings of Road Closed Signs, Pot holes, Manx Cats, Dog Shit, Pavement Pizzas and piles of cash waiting to be spent’.

Don't forget the chip nicking Seagulls

post-2251-0-22172000-1404406077.png

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the tarmac on the "finished" part looks horrific and shoddy. Why they couldn't have used the same brick work as the walkway on the road is beyond me. Now that would have looked really nice. Different colours separating the walkway, crossing, lanes etc. Could have looked really smart...but no....millions of pounds spent for half assed building company to do a half assed job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chie said:

I think the tarmac on the "finished" part looks horrific and shoddy. Why they couldn't have used the same brick work as the walkway on the road is beyond me. Now that would have looked really nice. Different colours separating the walkway, crossing, lanes etc. Could have looked really smart...but no....millions of pounds spent for half assed building company to do a half assed job.

.... and much of it in the name of facilitating a loss making bunch of poor old nags dragging victorian scrap around in the guise of non existent tourism because its a toy of some over important civil servant !! Madness !

Link to post
Share on other sites

More chaos next week as everyone returns to work & schools as major works on road from Alexander drive to quarter bridge should one way with traffic being diverted via tromode road & ballafletcher roads back to QB , other traffic via selborne road, going to be absolutely chaos!! Details Manx Radio Facebook. Could have done this essential work during lockdown!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chie said:

I think the tarmac on the "finished" part looks horrific and shoddy. Why they couldn't have used the same brick work as the walkway on the road is beyond me. Now that would have looked really nice. Different colours separating the walkway, crossing, lanes etc. Could have looked really smart...but no....millions of pounds spent for half assed building company to do a half assed job.

Nearly every block work crossing on Loch Promenade is already showing signs of subsidence and or the blocks moving, so blocks do not seem a very good idea, if they won’t stay put where traffic just passes over in a straight line imagine what the block roundabouts will look like after a few weeks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banker said:

More chaos next week as everyone returns to work & schools as major works on road from Alexander drive to quarter bridge should one way with traffic being diverted via tromode road & ballafletcher roads back to QB , other traffic via selborne road, going to be absolutely chaos!! Details Manx Radio Facebook. Could have done this essential work during lockdown!!!

Kerb replacement and footpath overlay isn't exactly major works.. and that was the point of the lockdown...nobody in work. Nothing better to moan about today?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...