Promenade - Megathread

But they made sure today shut it three hours before high water and till three hours after,  not a fucking drop overtopping . How the fuck do these people get to be incharge. Is it a case I cannot employ anybody smarter than me, incase they show me up for the prick I am. Then he retires and the fuckwit he hired moves up into his job, who in turn says I cannot employ anybody who is smarter than me , incase they show me up for the prick I am. Ad infinitum 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have one every 60 yards along the prom...."£1m", "£2m"...."£35m"

These are just the base plinths going in. You can all mock now, but when you see Howard and David's hands in place with 100 foot vaccination needles crossing the prom, that's when you'll be impressed.

I've explained this before Derek. From a friend working for a firm who is responsible for lots of services  , not Auldyn etc , while they had a concept plan from day one ie what the finished job would

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

But they made sure today shut it three hours before high water and till three hours after,  not a fucking drop overtopping . How the fuck do these people get to be incharge. Is it a case I cannot employ anybody smarter than me, incase they show me up for the prick I am. Then he retires and the fuckwit he hired moves up into his job, who in turn says I cannot employ anybody who is smarter than me , incase they show me up for the prick I am. Ad infinitum 

Are incharge and incase words?

On 1/29/2021 at 12:11 PM, Andy Onchan said:

Alexander Drive needs kerb replacement and footpath overlay??? Are there that many pedestrians walking up-down there that it requires such work? Really? 

I'm not sure what your point is? i wasn't commenting on whether the works on Quarterbridge Road were required? 

On 29/01/2021 at 12:11 PM, Andy Onchan said:

Alexander Drive needs kerb replacement and footpath overlay??? Are there that many pedestrians walking up-down there that it requires such work? Really? 

I saw someone walking up there once. Maybe they were lost.

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Looks like the post office are trying to restrict the posting of complaints about the promenade from short people at the Castle Mona

IMG_20210203_110952.jpg

Jesus Christ! That needs sorting ASAP.

An accident waiting to happen if that is somewhere the public can walk past. 

Imagine that thing toppling on a pram?

Drove along there this afternoon.

Good to see the stupid crossing/not a crossing outside Quids is already sinking and the paving coming loose.

Also notoce all the drainage hole in the kerb on the seaward side along Queens prom have all the sand that was washed up flowing straight down them.  Assume they made some provision for the drain filling with sand and pebbles?

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Assume they made some provision for the drain filling with sand and pebbles?

Oh how terribly droll. I’ve just wiped away my tears of laughter.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Also notoce all the drainage hole in the kerb on the seaward side along Queens prom have all the sand that was washed up flowing straight down them.  Assume they made some provision for the drain filling with sand and pebbles?

But the rest of the road surface hasn't been finished yet, so the drain holes in the Beany Blocks are higher than they will be when the road is surfaced properly

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Jesus Christ! That needs sorting ASAP.

An accident waiting to happen if that is somewhere the public can walk past. 

Imagine that thing toppling on a pram?

The way it is strapped to the building, how do you think it would topple on a ram...🥱