Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Is it still there? 

Yup.  The crossing that suggests cyclists have right of way, but has zero warnings for drivers. 

I'm amazed it's only killed one person so far.  I'd like to think the designer has a heavy weight upon his conscience, but probably not, based upon the fact it's still there. 

Deadly and I think the biggest screw up for our DOI, which isn't event that complex or difficult to fix.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Latest piece of prom artwork, just pop riveted together

IMG_20210730_103559.jpg

De fuq is that??

looks close to where the £16k electronic screen got wiped out by the first storm.

Sure it will look lovely in 12 months all tarnished and full of dents where stones have hit it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Is it still there? 

Yes, it was last weekend. Although the ends of the tracks that meet it have now sprouted all sorts of warning signage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Latest piece of prom artwork, just pop riveted together

IMG_20210730_103559.jpg

It looks like a badly constructed flue from a gas boiler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Yup.  The crossing that suggests cyclists have right of way, but has zero warnings for drivers. 

I'm amazed it's only killed one person so far.  I'd like to think the designer has a heavy weight upon his conscience, but probably not, based upon the fact it's still there. 

Deadly and I think the biggest screw up for our DOI, which isn't event that complex or difficult to fix.

 

A lady jogger nearly came straight across in front of me some days ago hence I asked whether it was a crossing, in view of the fact that it isn't, it needs ripping up, seems to me to give the wrong message to those not paying full attention !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Yup.  The crossing that suggests cyclists have right of way, but has zero warnings for drivers. 

I'm amazed it's only killed one person so far.  I'd like to think the designer has a heavy weight upon his conscience, but probably not, based upon the fact it's still there. 

Deadly and I think the biggest screw up for our DOI, which isn't event that complex or difficult to fix.

 

Closely followed by the Snaefell runaway that almost killed 40+ people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It looks like a badly constructed flue from a gas boiler?

its the actual size of the needle needed to get a chip in your system that can do everything the antivax nutters think is in the vaccine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Artwork or a flue for IRIS?

So in a few years, they'll be pulling out nests and dead birds. This replaces the ridiculous stumpy giant victorian lamposts that lived there before. Hopefully this will be high enough to stop the waft of raw sewage on the multimillion pound public fun space.

I suspect it's is destined for an accident with a maintenance vehicle at some point in the future. Let's hope the stainless steel is of the right grade for a marine environemnt as well as the rivets... or it'll end up looking like a leaky sewage pipe with brown stains.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

So in a few years, they'll be pulling out nests and dead birds. This replaces the ridiculous stumpy giant victorian lamposts that lived there before. Hopefully this will be high enough to stop the waft of raw sewage on the multimillion pound public fun space.

I suspect it's is destined for an accident with a maintenance vehicle at some point in the future. Let's hope the stainless steel is of the right grade for a marine environemnt as well as the rivets... or it'll end up looking like a leaky sewage pipe with brown stains.

Nope, as mentioned above, stainless steel, SS,  is actually NOT stainless.

It rusts like hell in a sea washed environment without a very strict cleaning regime which those vents will not get.

Any decent engineer knows that, so the question is, who the fuc9 specified SS as a material for decorative vents on the promenade which, I don't think its a secret, gets quite a bit of "Weather"

 

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe the stainless steel pipe could be replaced with a massive red concrete cock?

A plaque underneath to remind people "the time when the population of Douglas and Onchan were fucked about by the DOI. 

Never have so many been fucked by so few" 

 

 

Although saying that it would just crack and fall apart. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...