Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, emesde said:

Thank you both for clarification on this. I remember going to a presentation at the sea terminal many years ago showing the then plans for the Promenade. I'm sure that included beautiful new walkways etc so I guess my expectations were set pretty high. 

Still something to look forward to. 😉

They were 'serving suggestions' only

• Haha 1

Heads up if you’re parking for free on the prom right now. Although the myprom account (that seems to have a tendency to block people and comes across a bit grumpy at times) said they are starting enforcement from today, I’ve just spoken to one of the traffic controllers and they are not writing tickets today. Just advisories telling anyone parked there about the changes. However, that means they will start writing tickets again soon and it’s basically back to two hours disc parking now. 

There’s also an issue with the new signs I think. Firstly some of them are still behind fences within what is a construction site, so personally I’d challenge any ticket given while that’s still the layout.

Secondly, the signs are further away from the parking bays than before and once the horse tram tracks are back, they will be behind them. So immediately you could challenge any ticket by saying there was a horse tram parked in front of the sign when you parked there? 

97C78B30-A429-4CA0-857E-D2CEBA07BD15.jpeg

FF9158CA-404E-47A9-8586-F1B7B6F79B84.jpeg

40923099-CCD2-44A3-BD2E-E6F1476A7A15.jpeg

F5CA3522-8277-4C0E-B1B1-3E9582DF70EA.jpeg

622CAEBB-B337-4D7A-98AB-57ABA5DCD1F8.jpeg

0A2BDA1D-08C6-42C7-AB25-597FBC80A8E5.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Heads up if you’re parking for free on the prom right now. Although the myprom account (that seems to have a tendency to block people and comes across a bit grumpy at times) said they are starting enforcement from today, I’ve just spoken to one of the traffic controllers and they are not writing tickets today. Just advisories telling anyone parked there about the changes. However, that means they will start writing tickets again soon and it’s basically back to two hours disc parking now. 

There’s also an issue with the new signs I think. Firstly some of them are still behind fences within what is a construction site, so personally I’d challenge any ticket given while that’s still the layout.

Secondly, the signs are further away from the parking bays than before and once the horse tram tracks are back, they will be behind them. So immediately you could challenge any ticket by saying there was a horse tram parked in front of the sign when you parked there? 

97C78B30-A429-4CA0-857E-D2CEBA07BD15.jpeg

FF9158CA-404E-47A9-8586-F1B7B6F79B84.jpeg

40923099-CCD2-44A3-BD2E-E6F1476A7A15.jpeg

F5CA3522-8277-4C0E-B1B1-3E9582DF70EA.jpeg

622CAEBB-B337-4D7A-98AB-57ABA5DCD1F8.jpeg

0A2BDA1D-08C6-42C7-AB25-597FBC80A8E5.jpeg

You bored?

Maybe people should just obey the very clear signs and stop trying to be smart arses?  The rules are exactly the same as they have been for year.  Everyone knows it’s a disc zone and no vans

18 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Its typical of the whole CS attitude - Never admit a mistake.

Look at those 2 ice warning signs on the mountain for example, they are quite clearly the wrong way round as they both tell you the temp as you leave the mountain.

I have told the DOI about them multiple times including letters and  comments on their website and the reply I got was that they were  "Installed  Correctly"

I've only ever seen them flashing in the summer when temps were in double figures too

18 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Dont forget we will also  drive on the right hand side of  the road on the first group  of days and the left on the others.

Ah, but only if your registration number is even, if it's odd it's the other way round

17 minutes ago, yorik said:

Ah, but only if your registration number is even, if it's odd it's the other way round

Does this apply to the angled parking, too? From the above photos, it appears that the car on the right, which reversed in, has an even number, and the one next to it, which has driven straight in, has an odd number.

(I'm sure that the signs tell you to reverse in, though)

33 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

They need to give the MyProm social media manager a break. They seem to be losing their heads, blocking people and giving curt replies. 

That's just bonkers.  If you're a public information service, blocking people is the opposite of what you should be doing - you want to get the information out to as many people as possible.  And you're supposed to be professional and courteous because that is literally what you are paid to do

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's just bonkers.  If you're a public information service, blocking people is the opposite of what you should be doing - you want to get the information out to as many people as possible.  And you're supposed to be professional and courteous because that is literally what you are paid to do

To be fair, that site and the DOI main site have a lot of nutters making random comments. 

I really don't know why they even allow comments, they are on a hiding to nothing as no matter what anyone posts they cant reply properly, no wonder they block people.

For example, if someone said the Prom Roundals were really a gateway to hell that God created to punish the sinners that drive polluting cars AND they are proof that the earth is flat...................... 

They could not exactly say Fu*k off you mentalist and get help...........................All they could say would be nothing, so why bother.

A site that stated what and when things are happening would be better with NO OPTION TO COMMENT.

I really think the MyProm team deserve MBE or OBE a lot more than the clowns that got them for Covid!