Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Id like to see you supervise all the staff (obviously from off site) and keep them all working all of the time. You should apply for a job if you are that good. 

Yours Nick

Head of Plate spinning department

There will be someone on site acting as a supervisor, not really that difficult to manage from another site, set out daily targets for the crew on site, site visit following day daily targets not met? supervisor what has happened? blah blah blah. Is there a problem that can be resolved on site? more staff required? not the right machinery? are you capable of managing this job? if the answer to any of the questions are no the next next question should be who the fuck started this job without prior planning? and you do not have to be NB to understand the above.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Its nothing to do with having all the staff working all the time, there is no job in the world that applies to.

Its a planning or lack of planning thing, as the recent report noted, there are no Engineers, meaning educated and exam passing clever people in charge.

That is a big issue and from that, who is signing off payments to sub contractors?

Common sense words. That was the point I was trying to make:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

There will be someone on site acting as a supervisor, not really that difficult to manage from another site, set out daily targets for the crew on site, site visit following day daily targets not met? supervisor what has happened? blah blah blah. Is there a problem that can be resolved on site? more staff required? not the right machinery? are you capable of managing this job? if the answer to any of the questions are no the next next question should be who the fuck started this job without prior planning? and you do not have to be NB to understand the above.

Alternatively though, being NB might well be an advantage in not understanding it. 

And Upton Sinclair's remark that  “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!” will explain why none of his subordinates seem able to twig either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the published report into the DoI one of the main conclusions (to me anyway) was that the department currently concentrates on effort ("Oh no, everyone in the department is working flat out already") rather than results. No real measurement of actual performance.

Hopefully the next parliament will change that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

In the published report into the DoI one of the main conclusions (to me anyway) was that the department currently concentrates on effort ("Oh no, everyone in the department is working flat out already") rather than results. No real measurement of actual performance.

Hopefully the next parliament will change that.

Perhaps you'd be better employed with a pick and shovel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

In the published report into the DoI one of the main conclusions (to me anyway) was that the department currently concentrates on effort ("Oh no, everyone in the department is working flat out already") rather than results. No real measurement of actual performance.

Hopefully the next parliament will change that.

Full of clipboard-wielding busy fools who will go home of a night exhausted but without actually having achieved a single damn thing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearing a lot of moaning, a Manx pastime, about the queues on the promenade.

I go there as little as possible due to the works, its common sense to avoid it while it is getting rebuilt.

From what I am hearing its the same people, on face book moaning about the same situation over and over again - Is that not a sign of madness??

Come on Amadeus? What do you think?

 

Edited by Boris Johnson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

From what I am hearing its the same people, on face book moaning about the same situation over and over again - Is that not a sign of madness??

Well the sign of madness is supposed to be doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

In which case most of the DoI should be sectioned.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Hearing a lot of moaning, a Manx pastime, about the queues on the promenade.

I go there as little as possible due to the works, its common sense to avoid it while it is getting rebuilt.

From what I am hearing its the same people, on face book moaning about the same situation over and over again - Is that not a sign of madness??

No it's just common sense frustration at the incompetence, misinformation, excessive waste of money, endless delays, the madness of unmarked junctions with artwork on them and all out our expense. 

After all, has anyone been sacked during this fiasco? Not even guys trying to kill fucking seagulls with a digger, or whoever is responsible for laying and then relaying paviours, tarmac or concrete?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...