Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, Ramseyboi said:

The product being applied is "Ralumac", which is a cold lay micro-asphalt surface treatment which is cost effective, durable, quick to apply and less environmentally impactive than other approaches to road maintenance.

Drove through greeba now this is down, oh dear its not the prettiest and doesnt look very thick so all the existing banding on the road is still there plus more from the new surface. Its basically slurry and gravel !

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, skins said:

So is that “planted” in the middle of what could otherwise be a useful performance space at the heart of somebody’s pet project of a “cultural quarter” 🤔

I ordered a 2.5m statue not 2.5ft

image.png.0b5f7f51899d6e85a0c28fa6944042c3.png

Edited by english zloty
Incompetence
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, kevster said:

Why has the statue got to look like anyone? Can't it just be two stylised figures dancing?

when your artwork is that bad it looks nothing like the actual subjects  that's what you say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TomTucker said:

Drove through greeba now this is down, oh dear its not the prettiest and doesnt look very thick so all the existing banding on the road is still there plus more from the new surface. Its basically slurry and gravel !

That can’t be the finished surface surely? The road wasn’t that bumpy/lumpy  previously, it was actually quite smooth but now it’s like the surface of the moon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TomTucker said:

Drove through greeba now this is down, oh dear its not the prettiest and doesnt look very thick so all the existing banding on the road is still there plus more from the new surface. Its basically slurry and gravel !

They've done the same thing at Glen Auldyn and also between Ramsey Hairpin and the Waterworks although to be fair, it's filled in and levelled out some of the ruts in the previous surface. It's certainly not as smooth a surface as tarmac though, perhaps it's yet to get another dressing of tar and chippings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

That can’t be the finished surface surely? The road wasn’t that bumpy/lumpy  previously, it was actually quite smooth but now it’s like the surface of the moon.

You should try it on a pushbike. I have lost fillings.

It is the final finish I am sure. Its the same as the Poortown to Laurel Bank dressing that was done 3 years ago. To be fair, apart from the odd chuck that came out early doors, its still in decent nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, english zloty said:

I ordered a 2.5m statue not 2.5ft

image.png.0b5f7f51899d6e85a0c28fa6944042c3.png

The Spinal Tap was a mix-up between 18 inches (") and 18 feet (')

A chap in Laxey once ordered a fancy ornamental water wheel for his back garden.

Unfortunately the builder read the drawing units as yards not inches:

1396643270_LaxeyWheel021.jpg.81075def1c2adf644c917e7e53aa855e.jpg

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some resurfacing has been done in Baldrine - looks a bit like someone had "a bit of tarmac left over from the Promenade job" in the back of a lorry.

Where there were already some horrendous dips whenever you encountered a grid, those dips are now double the depth.

It's worse than having the village filled with "sleeping policemen". Try speeding through and your wheels will come off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Some resurfacing has been done in Baldrine - looks a bit like someone had "a bit of tarmac left over from the Promenade job" in the back of a lorry.

Where there were already some horrendous dips whenever you encountered a grid, those dips are now double the depth.

It's worse than having the village filled with "sleeping policemen". Try speeding through and your wheels will come off. 

When they did the same in Ballasalla a couple of years ago soon after they had a crew spend a week or so raising all of the grids. I assume they will do the same there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

When they did the same in Ballasalla a couple of years ago soon after they had a crew spend a week or so raising all of the grids. I assume they will do the same there.

Daft not to and the bit they did in Ramsey a couple of years ago looks good still. It looked like Sh1t when first spread but now looks good.

From what I have been told, From an oldtimer DOI type,  the old type of tar/ loose chippings we used to see all the time  over here and on the mainland are really bad environmentally wise, full of coal tar which is apparently carcinogenic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...