Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

47 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

The next Promenade finishing delay must be due to be announced tonight after 20.00

Haha yes I'm amazed that we haven't had a announcement before now tbh as its clear its not happening before end of October at least . 

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The secret of the new statue is out: 

3AD2B7B9-2D49-4DC4-80EE-9EA91E3BB798.jpeg

1F20238E-AEDE-45EA-B7FC-1ADB38D82624.jpeg

What do the tubes of sealant signify. I'm thinking it's an ode to Tracy Emin's 'My bed'. I'm not to keen on the dancing figures, but the rucksack and sealant are wonderful contemporary glints in to the artists mind. An emotional resonance of the workers toil against a backdrop of crazy paving, swirls and roundels. A cacophony of styles squeezed into a tight space, the workers last stand in a battle of civil engineering and grace.

Oh, right he hasn't cleared up yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

What do the tubes of sealant signify. I'm thinking it's an ode to Tracy Emin's 'My bed'. I'm not to keen on the dancing figures, but the rucksack and sealant are wonderful contemporary glints in to the artists mind. An emotional resonance of the workers toil against a backdrop of crazy paving, swirls and roundels. A cacophony of styles squeezed into a tight space, the workers last stand in a battle of civil engineering and grace.

Oh, right he hasn't cleared up yet...

You should do a degree in fine art. You seem to have mastered the bull shit already. Halfway to a degree. 😄

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It's a local resident apparently.  

I think it is quite sweet really. 

I agree. After my initial grumpiness I now also think it’s quite sweet. There’s a bit of a ‘Deco’ look to it that Too quite like.

There’s a lovely video on YouTube interviewing the sculptor and he explains the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

And yet she still dances with him, go figure.

That's the co-dependent narcissist dance you're describing. Text book. :)

ETA - it works both ways tho - a lot of men stay to dance too.

Edited by Roxanne

13 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I agree. After my initial grumpiness I now also think it’s quite sweet. There’s a bit of a ‘Deco’ look to it that Too quite like.

There’s a lovely video on YouTube interviewing the sculptor and he explains the process. 

• Thanks 1