Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

38 minutes ago, quilp said:

Next thing you know there'll be rainbow crossings everywhere.

Oh wait! What's this..!

165825072.jpg.gallery.jpg

Nah.  Looks far too much like a zebra crossing[1] for the DoI.

[1]  Though possible a zebra with a horn in the middle of its forehead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Next thing you know there'll be rainbow crossings everywhere.

Oh wait! What's this..!

165825072.jpg.gallery.jpg

They have a similar effect on horses as that stupid thing in St John's (which is on a popular route for horse riders)

On 10/13/2021 at 10:43 PM, Numbnuts said:

This is going to be ongoing for years ! And god knows what its going to cost tax payers over that time.

And that’s just the infra cost. I see in the UK now the public sector pension debt now eclipses the UK national debt so idiots like this are bankrupting the country at the same time as blowing our tax money on this sort of thing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10101989/Total-bill-gold-plated-public-sector-retirement-funds-stands-2-4-TRILLION-study-suggests.html

One might wonder, if the Promenade was elsewhere (UK/Europe) and was somebody else's "gateway" to town or jurisdiction; would it be a similar affair to that which the GMP have witnessed/experienced?

Looks like Tim Crookal has started as he means to go on. Not like him to sit on the fence !!

NEWS: Douglas Promenade will be finished 'as soon as possible' to the standard which is expected.

That's the view of the new infrastructure minister who says he won't commit to revealing deadline dates.

#News #IoM #ManxRadio

On 9/12/2021 at 1:53 PM, Beelzebub3 said:

They can and will use surface dressing on the TT course, although I would have thought they are leaving it a bit late in the year to be laying surface dressing late september is not ideal as the temperate drops quite rapidly and rainfall is quite common and this sometimes leads to problems (Richmond hill/Airport roundabout) another problem is getting the roadmarkings back before the weather turns, but no doubt the DOI will have factored in all these issues and will be well prepared. 

I had a run arond the Island at the weekend it would appear that none of the lines removed for surface dressing have been replaced as yet, do the DOI wallahs live on a different planet to us I predicted this would happen although I am not sure what would happen if there happened to be a serious accident on an unlined road what are the legal consequences of no lining, is there a requirement to have centre-lines etc? 

• Like 1