Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Ah yes, that's the birthing pool I ordered.  Was the heating unit there too? 

Love granite seats.  They are freezing cold and stay too wet to sit on for hours after it stops raining.

Ideal for locations where it never rains and is always warm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roxanne said:

That is hugely insulting to the Minister in charge. TC is nothing like his predecessor. He’s a realist who is determined to shake things up at the DOI and get it working properly again. He’s up against a huge task for sure but if anyone can turn things around then I believe he has the skills to do it. 

I appreciate you are a fan of his. Having no end though...its  pretty inauspicious start you have to admit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Did you think he'd turn it around in two weeks?

I'm a fan of anyone who takes on a job like that.

Nobody is going to turn that clusterfuck around in two weeks, he could have at least said he is going to do his level best to do so. His reply filled everybody with hope (the no kind)

• Like 2

I'd like to think one day every person on the Isle of Man gets to work on the Great Promenade. 

No other jobs, we just all head to Douglas and do our bit. We all get paid the same, wear the same overalls and eat the same lunch together with hearty smiles, and no inequality.

Watching our children, and our children's children head off for rail laying, lamp repositioning and coloured concrete correction on the Great Promenade would fill me with pride and bring this Island's community together for generations to come. Put the pride back into the people with a bit of hard graft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m sorry but where in the procurement process, when they’re itching to burn their way through £20m, did someone not say “that’s completely s**t” throw the proposal in the bin?

about the time they realised it was already ordered and on island and the restocking charge cost more than it would save.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I'd like to think one day every person on the Isle of Man gets to work on the Great Promenade. 

No other jobs, we just all head to Douglas and do our bit. We all get paid the same, wear the same overalls and eat the same lunch together with hearty smiles, and no inequality.

Watching our children, and our children's children head off for rail laying, lamp repositioning and coloured concrete correction on the Great Promenade would fill me with pride and bring this Island's community together for generations to come. Put the pride back into the people with a bit of hard graft.

Well maybe the Jurby Hilton residents might like a bit of fresh air...