Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well Peel did didn’t want boot it Harmer & I think Cowin would have been a disaster so not much choice,personally I think he’s doing a decent job , it’s only been 4 months so let’s give them all a chance 

A professional would never ever ever ever ever ever say hopefully.....if they did they wouldn't do it again and again and again and again. Sorry.

I wouldnt in any way , shape or form say putting right the cracked red/pink concrete is a minor task and as the DOI couldn't find a way out of it in over a year I don't think they do either. Its a big job whatever way they do it. My money is on they dont and just leave it cracked . 

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well Peel did didn’t want boot & Harmer & I think Cowin would have been a disaster so not much choice,personally I think he’s doing a decent job , it’s only been 4 months so let’s give them all a chance 

Well I hope that hopefully you are correct. Hopefully.

We can hope.

Each time Tim says "hopefully" he may as well give a six figure sum of taxpayers' cash to the contractor and delay the project a few more weeks/months. He's a nice guy and all that, but maybe he achieved his level of responsibility by reading an envelope and putting the letter through the right door. I mean that seriously and don't mean to sound offensive - I'm a building labourer by trade and that has a fair bit of responsibility. 

Edited by Barlow

11 minutes ago, Mr Penfold said:

Drove down there today and it is a complete embarrassment. If we have actually paid £25 million for that then somebody needs to be sacked. 

They have been sacked, Baker, Harmer & Black 

1 hour ago, Mr Penfold said:

Drove down there today and it is a complete embarrassment. If we have actually paid £25 million for that then somebody needs to be sacked. 

First time along full length of the prom since 'completion v.1' at the weekend..what a goddamn awful mess ... so many clashing colours/designs the parking bays are too narrow, the pink bit is a mess....  What is wrong with well executed classic?  Who will  be keeping the vast expanses of Chinese granite clean? If that's not kept on top of on a regular basis it will look shabby rather than aged very quickly.  'Style' over substance rarely works

• Like 3

Just as a heads up, the parking order for the prom has now been signed and enforcement will gradually re-commence, with disabled and EV spaces high on the list. 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:15 AM, Barlow said:

This taxi driver makes some good points about the roundels, particularly the use of crossing lights so near to them with the green lights being seen as an 'all clear' to drive onto the roundel, plus the ambiguity of the grey crossings.

Manx Radio Taxi drivers' concern over roundels confusion

Someone has decided to go for this road design, and they need to publicly say how these roads are intended to be used.

There is too much stupidity, selfishness and aggression in our drivers to leave it to courtesy and common sense.

Given his recent court case and previous convictions, I'd say there's a bit too much stupidity, selfishness and aggression in that particular taxi driver.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1