Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

for example the new roundabout at Ballasalla is not that close to houses,

It's not that close to any bypass either !!

The only bypass that played a part here is our ex MHK's intellect bypass !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not like you to disagree with anything🤣.

Obviously in the middle of a dense residential area that would probably be the case but in more rural areas then why not, for example the new roundabout at Ballasalla is not that close to houses, the mountain road certainly isn't.

 

Have you used this roundabout? It’s about 20/25m from houses!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the DOI workforce could easily be split into 2 gangs for roadworks , particularly now the light is with us , 

John Houghton proved that when the work almost ground to a halt  a Willaston  at the cat with no tail  roadway reconstruction  a few years back   ,  he got them to work one gang 6am  until 2-pm   and the next gang 2 until 10pm  the boys took a break at peak traffic times eg between  8 am and 9  am in the morning and between 5 and 6 in the afternoon  so not to cause problems with traffic holdups   ,  I have never been a Houghton fan   but I must say  ,the job was done in double quick time , 

lots of other  road gangs  in the UK and elsewhere  work like this ,  and take advantage of the hours of daylight , 

Crookall needs to put a bomb under the management , 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you used this roundabout? It’s about 20/25m from houses!!

So would you rather the road be closed partially closed during peak hours then?.

I would have thought that  recently constructed houses like those nearest the roundabout would be so well insulated that they would not really be bothered by the  noise that putting the final coat on would cause

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Omobono said:

the DOI workforce could easily be split into 2 gangs for roadworks , particularly now the light is with us , 

John Houghton proved that when the work almost ground to a halt  a Willaston  at the cat with no tail  roadway reconstruction  a few years back   ,  he got them to work one gang 6am  until 2-pm   and the next gang 2 until 10pm  the boys took a break at peak traffic times eg between  8 am and 9  am in the morning and between 5 and 6 in the afternoon  so not to cause problems with traffic holdups   ,  I have never been a Houghton fan   but I must say  ,the job was done in double quick time , 

lots of other  road gangs  in the UK and elsewhere  work like this ,  and take advantage of the hours of daylight , 

Crookall needs to put a bomb under the management , 

Fair point. A great number of roadworks are done by contractors these days. I reckon this work will be Carey's or JCK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

So would you rather the road be closed partially closed during peak hours then?.

I would have thought that  recently constructed houses like those nearest the roundabout would be so well insulated that they would not really be bothered by the  noise that putting the final coat on would cause

You said it wasn’t near houses which I said was incorrect!! Are you now saying it doesn’t matter about the noise because of insulation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like something is happening with the tram tracks at the bottom of Broadway today. I couldn’t work out what’s going on but it looked like they might have been removing rails and/or dumping loads of gravel.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Looks like something is happening with the tram tracks at the bottom of Broadway today. I couldn’t work out what’s going on but it looked like they might have been removing rails and/or dumping loads of gravel.  

Yes working there this morning tidying up.

The sunken gardens are a mess with only the first 2 areas coming from sea terminal open with the rest all closed off & the childrens playground covered in rubble still. Even if walls aren’t rebuilt surely this can be cleaned up & opened for summer?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Looks like something is happening with the tram tracks at the bottom of Broadway today. I couldn’t work out what’s going on but it looked like they might have been removing rails and/or dumping loads of gravel.  

All going to be paved/tarmac over soon. Confirmation of no trams this year should follow soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 0bserver said:

All going to be paved/tarmac over soon. Confirmation of no trams this year should follow soon. 

Brilliant news, and about time.

Now if they could lay a layer of tarmac right over the walkway from the Sefton to Summerland as well that would be lovely, and at least make it look half finished.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Brilliant news, and about time.

Now if they could lay a layer of tarmac right over the walkway from the Sefton to Summerland as well that would be lovely, and at least make it look half finished.

and maybe do some weeding while theyre at it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...