Jump to content

Promenade - Megathread


slinkydevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

So if anyone asks about this strip of wasteland along Douglas prom, that’s actually the Enduro Bike Parking Area, specially created so they feel right at home. The DoI can have that as press release for free :) 
 

43DF765C-31EE-4B70-A511-E6EAAD6CCBB0.jpeg

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

So if anyone asks about this strip of wasteland along Douglas prom, that’s actually the Enduro Bike Parking Area, specially created so they feel right at home. The DoI can have that as press release for free :) 
 

43DF765C-31EE-4B70-A511-E6EAAD6CCBB0.jpeg

Erm, didn’t you say it was a meadow last week? 

Or did I just make that up to suit my narrative. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Do bikers not have any respect? How dare they park on top of those beautiful wild flowers.

I don’t think it has actually been planted , except with dog shit, bottles and cans.

The wildflower planting I have seen in many UK cities look really nice, but of course need maintenance and care to keep them that way, something that is not a DOI strongpoint.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ellanvannin2010 said:

I don’t think it has actually been planted , except with dog shit, bottles and cans.

The wildflower planting I have seen in many UK cities look really nice, but of course need maintenance and care to keep them that way, something that is not a DOI strongpoint.

Apparently weeds are wild flowers and this patch is a meadow,, to be fair they aren’t parked on the pavement so good luck ticketing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Do bikers not have any respect? How dare they park on top of those beautiful wild flowers.

It they're asked nicely or bribed with a few tinnies, they might rotovate it too.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

So if anyone asks about this strip of wasteland along Douglas prom, that’s actually the Enduro Bike Parking Area, specially created so they feel right at home. The DoI can have that as press release for free :) 
 

43DF765C-31EE-4B70-A511-E6EAAD6CCBB0.jpeg

Scum!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

few motorcycles parked on the seaward side of the prom opposite the Gaiety  ,  not on what could be called the footpath ,  doing no harm , and you know they are safe there , you cant expect to treat motorcyclists as second class citizens ,  if you want the TT to be  success  then there is a big welcome back and PR job to be done , they have made a big effort to get here , lets do the same to make them welcome and feel at home , and the Government to apply some common sense !

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Omobono said:

few motorcycles parked on the seaward side of the prom opposite the Gaiety  ,  not on what could be called the footpath ,  doing no harm , and you know they are safe there , you cant expect to treat motorcyclists as second class citizens ,  if you want the TT to be  success  then there is a big welcome back and PR job to be done , they have made a big effort to get here , lets do the same to make them welcome and feel at home , and the Government to apply some common sense !

Yeah, let's just ignore the rules for 3 weeks or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah, let's just ignore the rules for 3 weeks or so.

Correct.  Especially when breaking them does absolutely no harm to anyone.

It is embarrassing the neither DOI or Douglas Shitty Council had the foresight to set aside part of the area by the war memorial and on the walkway as temporary bike parking.  Ideally with a shuttle bus to and from the grandstand to take traffic off the narrow roads up there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...