Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Do they not realise the danger they are putting swimmers and lost sea captains in, how will rescue services locate them in all that light clutter. You know one of the reasons they cited for not having festoon lighting. Lifeboats and air sea rescue will think its a rave going on and ignore the area. Will no one think of the swimmers

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Not promenade, but DOI.

I can’t drive at the moment but got taken out for a bit this morning.

If you want an example of DOI incompetence take a trip out to Patrick from St John’s on the new surface they put down.  Was it called Ralumac?

Either completely unsuitable for our roads or badly laid - possibly both, but it’s like a rally stage with gravel everywhere and large parts of the new surface completely gone exposing the old surface underneath in what are basically big potholes.

I would go as far as to say that the gravel on the bends from the broken up surface is a safety issue.

Edited by Asthehills

58 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Not promenade, but DOI.

I can’t drive at the moment but got taken out for a bit this morning.

If you want an example of DOI incompetence take a trip out to Patrick from St John’s on the new surface they put down.  Was it called Ralumac?

Either completely unsuitable for our roads or badly laid - possibly both, but it’s like a rally stage with gravel everywhere and large parts of the new surface completely gone exposing the old surface underneath in what are basically big potholes.

I would go as far as to say that the gravel on the bends from the broken up surface is a safety issue.

Oh Dear. Colas got binned due to Richmond Hill and some English outfit got this gig. Seems they are no better.