Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

Promenade/Peel Road Megathread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Hope they do their homework better on this wall their  putting up and its not the same muppet who designed those railings on Laxey beach that as everyone said wouldn't last . Punters 1 DOI 0 ! How embarrassing it would be for the first big storms the cracks appear . 

Well if Gansey is anything to go on I wouldn't hold your breath!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Now there's a surprise not !! Guess they have forgotton about the 4 weeks plus they have gained by TT/ MGP being cancelled . Can't believe there blaming Covid for their allround incompetence. Also guess conveniently forgot they were already over 6 months behind and counting .      

Edited by Numbnuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Now there's a surprise not !! Guess they have forgotton about the 4 weeks plus they have gained by TT/ MGP being cancelled . Can't believe there blaming Covid for their allround incompetence. Also guess conveniently forgot they were already over 6 months behind and counting .      

Of còurse Tim Baker is responsible as the member in charge, nice hospital pass by Harmer! BAker is also in charge of meat plant disaster costing us £1m pa subsidies and children's champions on which he has said absolutely nothing about children or their education!!

God knows what he will do to MUA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 1:02 PM, Out of the blue said:

Wow, 12 for what is essentially one big government department! I assume that our police do not have any directly employed Comms people? As a general point,  I would have thought it would be more cost effective to have an in house mouth piece who interacts with a retained private media agency. That way we avoid the personal and pension liabilities and other overheads.

That's nothing, there are 3 Comms people on this prom job, yes 3!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

When you see the way the DOI has acted you pretty much give up all hope of change in this island in government circles. They seem to have got even more badly managed incompetent and wasteful as a result of this. Covid will now be the ultimate reason why whatever they deliver on the prom works will be shit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy has a letter for people to read.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it seems to be Govt policy that those who are perceived to be costing the Island too much should have new employment T&Cs imposed on them, plenty of examples to draw upon.

So by the same thinking, given that we've got a very public £25M fuck up on Douglas Promenade, Messrs Harmer, Baker, Black, Robinson and Longworth (have I missed anybody?) need to be dragged out of their sumptious offices and given a haircut too.

Then we can move on to some of the provenly squandering Town Clerks in Local Authorities too.

Big savings to be made, I'd say...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I mentioned before which now seems to be mentioned officially now the original plans for roundabouts have gone and also I believe the pavements around Queens Prom are now to be tarmac not granite .. Looks like so many short cuts going to be implemented sadly . And once again all discussed in a private meeting and not in Tynwald ..So much for democracy on this Island . Usual suspects keeping a low profile !   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

As I mentioned before which now seems to be mentioned officially now the original plans for roundabouts have gone and also I believe the pavements around Queens Prom are now to be tarmac not granite .. Looks like so many short cuts going to be implemented sadly . And once again all discussed in a private meeting and not in Tynwald ..So much for democracy on this Island . Usual suspects keeping a low profile !   

And still going to go way over budget!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

As I mentioned before which now seems to be mentioned officially now the original plans for roundabouts have gone and also I believe the pavements around Queens Prom are now to be tarmac not granite .. Looks like so many short cuts going to be implemented sadly . And once again all discussed in a private meeting and not in Tynwald ..So much for democracy on this Island . Usual suspects keeping a low profile !   

They are literally making it up as they go along. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Southfork said:

They are literally making it up as they go along. 

Actually you couldn't make it up could you LOL !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Southfork said:

They are literally making it up as they go along. 

You are totally correct and I know this for a fact after a convo with a good friend back in October who filled me in on the goings on , or not of the procedures and totally explained the piece meal work areas. No detailed plans !!! Contractors having to ask whats next and how to do various tasks. Total and utter cock up from day one . And hence why the proposed 60/70 workers on the job never materialised . Heads should roll starting with Nick Black and Johnson but you know they wont . Quayle should have got a grip of this situation from a early stage as it was clear to everyone what was happening . And the bottom line !!! The cost !!???  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Well, it seems to be Govt policy that those who are perceived to be costing the Island too much should have new employment T&Cs imposed on them, plenty of examples to draw upon.

So by the same thinking, given that we've got a very public £25M fuck up on Douglas Promenade, Messrs Harmer, Baker, Black, Robinson and Longworth (have I missed anybody?) need to be dragged out of their sumptious offices and given a haircut too.

Then we can move on to some of the provenly squandering Town Clerks in Local Authorities too.

Big savings to be made, I'd say...

Baker has just been promoted for his par to MUA, Nick Black is the one who needs axing he is CEO and the number of complete balls ups DOI have done needs to stop with him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Baker has just been promoted for his par to MUA, Nick Black is the one who needs axing he is CEO and the number of complete balls ups DOI have done needs to stop with him.

What really annoys me, is that Baker only took on responsibility for Highways, when this project was already a major fuck-up. He was perfectly placed to go in there, smack a few heads together, make an example of one or two whose incompetence had brought us to that point, and demonstrate some leadership and concern for the rapidly emerging waste of tax payer funds.

Instead, he just goes totally native, becomes an apologist for incompetent, and devious, clowns like Black, Longworth and Robinson, and allows then to contemplate a watered down plan, at higher cost. Baker should be much smarter than this. 

 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...