Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

Promenade/Peel Road Megathread

1 hour ago, finlo said:
1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Apparently the number of suicides on the Island is way, spastically, above the number in the U.K. no wonder when all we have to look forward to is another one or two years of people moaning about the promenade, it is mind numbing to say the least.   The ones who have the least knowledge have the most to say, all fu....g experts.

Think you need to edit that!

I would guess just an auto correct brain fart. HS does not those terms.

I see they have now drilled out a couple of samples in the cracking red concrete presumably to find out what is going wrong. 

Now I'm no big city structural engineer but you would think this is something they should have done before laying a shitload more of the stuff. 

Edited by Dave Hedgehog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I see they have now drilled out a couple of samples in the cracking red concrete presumably to find out what is going wrong. 

Now I'm no big city structural engineer but you would think this is something they should have done before laying a shitload more of the stuff. 

Standard procedure when laying any concrete is to produce cube samples (and carry out other standard tests). Maybe this was done. 

Edited by gettafa