Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

Promenade/Peel Road Megathread

Recommended Posts

Why don't they concentrate on one job at a time ie the Prom? How much labour and resources are they going to have to divert to this new project?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Why don't they concentrate on one job at a time ie the Prom? How much labour and resources are they going to have to divert to this new project?

Totally agree. One of the comments in that link above suggests he’s doing it before the election to get the cyclists votes and it’s probably not far wrong as otherwise why the fuck would you this right now with all the other mess going on round the corner? It’s like they really do just want to close the whole of town down! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Totally agree. One of the comments in that link above suggests he’s doing it before the election to get the cyclists votes and it’s probably not far wrong as otherwise why the fuck would you this right now with all the other mess going on round the corner? It’s like they really do just want to close the whole of town down! 

I drive/cycle along the prom every day and it just looks like they haven't a clue what they are doing. It's like Rag, Tag and Bobtail road construction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, Non-Believer said:

Why don't they concentrate on one job at a time ie the Prom? How much labour and resources are they going to have to divert to this new project?

I've been down to Douglas twice in the last two weeks, (I don't get out much lol), and both times I really didn't see any workers on the fenced off stretch at the sea terminal end of the works for the couple of hours I was there, ( between about 10am and 12). just saying.

Maybe they've already diverted them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic but do you reckon they will EVER fix Richmond hill then. Another winter on the way, so the road won’t be warm enough!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Slightly off topic but do you reckon they will EVER fix Richmond hill then. Another winter on the way, so the road won’t be warm enough!!

jaysus, don't give the clowns any more excuses to start a road gang...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if it is a private company why all the slagging off Harmer and the DOI if they got the contract they must be calling the shots and have obviously got expert advise.    I am in no way saying the job is a good un, but the wrong people seem to be getting the flack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

People like a good moan though.

Douglas Promenade on the good old Isle of Moan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So if it is a private company why all the slagging off Harmer and the DOI if they got the contract they must be calling the shots and have obviously got expert advise.    I am in no way saying the job is a good un, but the wrong people seem to be getting the flack.

Because the brief and the specifications and the order of works are dictated by the DOI. Whoever prioritized the horse trams at the DOI needs taking out the back and shooting. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that Broadway is going to be closed for five weeks

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_595143.html

 

It would be nice if the 'MyProm team' could be arsed to update their social media or website. It's not been updated in 3 weeks. 

The last time Harmer and Co. got their arse kicked by Bettison, Callister and Robertshaw they were full of apologies and promises that the work sites wouldn't be more than 400m and that communication would be greatly improved... what a load of shite that turned out to be!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...