Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

Promenade/Peel Road Megathread

9 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Newsflash.............I actually saw workers there today! Fifteen of them!

Are you positive. Check for mirrors dotted around the fences...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I get the impression it suits them to blame everything on the horse trams and so provide an easy target (as can be seen on this thread) while the truth is they simply don't have the skills to manage this project. 

I think the point is that the horses are an added complication to an already convoluted situation. Everything should be kept as simple as possible to they can crack on and get the job done to the best standard, at the best price and in the quickest time... but as it's DOI that will never happen. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I think the point is that the horses are an added complication to an already convoluted situation. Everything should be kept as simple as possible to they can crack on and get the job done to the best standard, at the best price and in the quickest time... but as it's DOI that will never happen. 

Oh quite, given the way they decided to do the project suspending the service would have been the obvious thing.  But it's a symptom of how badly planned it was rather than the cause as some seem to think.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DragonS said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/should-the-horse-trams-run-next-year/

Bit late to be having this conversation. Should have been debated before approval was given to go ahead with the chaos/improvements.

I like the horse trams but if it helps the job get finished on time , no chance,,,, then stop them for next year..I agree they should have been stopped this year and reason for them running doesn't stand up as issues should have been anticipated .. Only proviso is that if they stop them they need to sort themselves out...get lots more men on the job , preferably with proper supervision ..Waste of time if there's only ever 10 plus guys down there  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonS said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/should-the-horse-trams-run-next-year/

Bit late to be having this conversation. Should have been debated before approval was given to go ahead with the chaos/improvements.

Not just nest year, but no more trams until the whole job is finished.

It seems like the DOI act like children, so maybe they should be treated as such! No tram playtime until you finish your work! 

Just drove along the prom this morning. Amazing just how many irresponsible motorists have moved the cones just to park their car.

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That walkway parking went well overnight then.... 

autocrash might think so.

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2019 at 8:23 AM, Neil Down said:

Just drove along the prom this morning. Amazing just how many irresponsible motorists have moved the cones just to park their car.

Where else can they park? 

1 minute ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Where else can they park? 

Cones were there for a reason not to be moved just because some lardarse can't be bothered walking any distance.

The cones I refer to were in and around the fenced areas on the prom

Fantastic news. We have a bottomless pit of blank cheques ready to write at a whim. Because it’s not our money. (See q4)

servlets.getImg?ref=D442465&bin=Y&auth=0

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Fantastic news. We have a bottomless pit of blank cheques ready to write at a whim. Because it’s not our money. (See q4)

servlets.getImg?ref=D442465&bin=Y&auth=0

Can't read it I'm afraid 

• Like 1

Hmmm. Readable on my mobile but not on tablet....

ok. It’s a FOI request about the costs of Prom. Remarkable answer to q4. 

Posted (edited)

This is what Gizo is on about

4. There is no limit on extra costs.

Whole thing WAS here but the link no longer works, see RM's post next page

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1