Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Recommended Posts

Fair comment "Wolley"  I could say that I'm  curious to know what happened the day before  the "big bang" but I'm not really :)  I've other things to think about:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, paswt said:

Fair comment "Wolley"  I could say that I'm  curious to know what happened the day before  the "big bang" but I'm not really :)  I've other things to think about:lol:

Not a problem, paswt. This is neatly explained by the big bang being the commencement of everything and that includes the four dimensions of space-time. Consequently, you could not contemplate a day before the big bang any more than you could contemplate stars and planets before the big bang. The big bang is "it". Or so the story goes..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is north of the North Pole and all that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

What is north of the North Pole and all that. 

 

The south pole if you go far enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

The south pole if you go far enough.

That's so profound that it's, er, wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

What is north of the North Pole and all that. 

 

The North Star?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, woolley said:

That's so profound that it's, er, wrong.

Without travelling through space, if you head to the north pole and carry on you will always reach the south pole.

Perhaps you are over thinking this or just trying to put me down ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Without travelling through space, if you head to the north pole and carry on you will always reach the south pole.

Perhaps you are over thinking this or just trying to put me down ?

Hang on there dilli, if you keep going past the North Pole, won’t you fall off the edge of the earth?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Hang on there dilli, if you keep going past the North Pole, won’t you fall off the edge of the earth?

 

Only Pauls Not Wrights world.

 Although I don't know how high the "edges" are :thumbsup:

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Without travelling through space, if you head to the north pole and carry on you will always reach the south pole.

Perhaps you are over thinking this or just trying to put me down ?

But China said: "What is north of the North Pole?" which is rather different. Nothing on Earth is north of the North Pole.

It's just a lighthearted discussion. I don't do "putting people down".

Well, not often and then only under severe provocation and certainly not on something like this.  :thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Only Pauls Not Wrights world.

 Although I don't know how high the "edges" are :thumbsup:

High enough to stop cats pushing everything off the planet.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...