Manx Telecolm to raise prices by 5.4%!

Whatnonsence

My Manx Telecolm Bill has arrived and I am informed that the Fixed line rent and fixed call set up charge will increase by the IOM Economic Affairs 2018 Annual Average Retail Price Index rate of 5.4%.

The Isle of Man Economic Affairs report of February 2019 report inflation at 2.6%.

Can any one explain this?

Is this than bare face profiteering?

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Hmmm the broadband reliability seems to have taken a nosedive too, pay more for less as usual?

Is your internet dropping out often too ? You don't live far from me so maybe it is not just ours which has been shite for a while now .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Is your internet dropping out often too ? You don't live far from me so maybe it is not just ours which has been shite for a while now .

Hey Dilli, you bin doin' a bit of tabbing lately?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

My Manx Telecolm Bill has arrived and I am informed that the Fixed line rent and fixed call set up charge will increase by the IOM Economic Affairs 2018 Annual Average Retail Price Index rate of 5.4%.

The Isle of Man Economic Affairs report of February 2019 report inflation at 2.6%.

Can any one explain this?

Is this than bare face profiteering?

They’ve taken all the 2018 monthly RPI figures, added them together, and divided by 12.

0A8FD3C2-E714-460B-83D0-44571F4E520A.png

I got rid of my MT landline a couple of years ago as I only used it for internet. I switched to Sure wifi and it's a lot cheaper. Perhaps not always as fast as a fixed line but good enough to watch catch-up TV. Depending on where you live (you need a decent 4G signal) it might be worth exploring.

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, very irritating and a fairly recent development, about 3-4 months?

We had serious drop outs for months before it was sorted. In the, removing the house phone fixed it.

We bought a new phone a few months back and seemed ok, but this last week or so it has been dropping out several times each night and taking about 10 mins to come back again.unplugged the house phone again last night so will see what happens

Maybe , as you are also having issues, it may well be a local problem.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1